Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 Is this a good E-collar???? >

Is this a good E-collar????

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Is this a good E-collar????

Old 07-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is this a good E-collar????

Hey guys,
Does anyone have any experience with this E-collar??? Any pros or cons on it would be appreciated. I just got my first hunting dog, a chocolate lab, and was wondering which e-collar to get. I have kind of a limited budget and thought that this one looked like a good one for the price.

Gun Dog Field Trainer GS-4500

Old 07-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is this a good E-collar????

Who is it really made by?

I would look on eBay and see if you can find a TriTonics Sport 50 or Sport 90. They quit making them, but they are the best I've seen.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe that it is made by Innotek.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

I've heard only bad things about innotek ecollars. I bought a bark collar from them, and it went kaput after about a month.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:27 PM

I agree with Mite to many problems with innotek. Check out Dogtra, or Tritonics. I have a Dogtra 2000 TB been a great collar.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, thanks for all of the opinions.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

Mostly made by Innotek. Many reffer to them as Innojunk. Two good companies are Dogtra and Tri-Tronics.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

Check out the Collar Clinic. They buy and sell new and refurbished collars. I had a Tritronic's Sport 60 which I traded for a new Dogtra NCP 200 Gold. It's a good training collar with a lot of options for the money.
I didn't have a problem with the Tritronics collar other than it was a little too hot for the dog that I was going to use it on.

All the pros that I know use either the Dogtra or the Tritronics made products.

A friend of ours has used one model similar to the one you have posted. She's had some sucess with it but has replaced it after 5 years. She's gone to the Dogtra models as well.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:35 PM

Dogtra is the best and works. Tri tronics makes a great product too.
No one else has anything even close. i use the dogtra, because they work with my training metods. I have used a 202ncp for the last 3 years almost everyday from Sept. till May. they are a deal for 2 collars under 300.
I would strongly advise you to first learn the proper use of a collar. It is a training tool not a punishment device. Still most pro trainers don't know the difference. When used properly the collar to the dog is no different from a check cord or pinch collar.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:13 PM

Dogtra or Tri tronics all the way. Like daleh said, no one else is even close!!!! We use our Dogtra 2000 collars every day, in and out of the water all day long. They have never let us down. For the money, the Dogtra 200 gold is the way to go. Not sure what the going price for the 200 gold is now, but you used to be able to find them for $175.00 shipped. So shop around!
If you have never CC a dog before, I would get Mike Lardy's E-Callar video. Not cheap, but well worth the price if you don't have someone (who knows what they are doing) to show you how it's done. Also, lets see some pics of your new hunting buddy. Can never go wrong with a lab, congrats on the new friend!

Quick Reply: Is this a good E-collar????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.