Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

hunting dog name

Old 07-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: hunting dog name

I like Kelvin.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:04 PM

I like Stay.

examples:

Sit..... Stay!

Come here.... stay!

Fetch em...up stay!

Just kidding, I do like one syllable names for dogsthough, paw, foot ect.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:58 PM

Here are some:

Shining Star Cowboy Roxie
Roxies Hold 'em Cowboy (jet)
Jets Cowboy Roxie
Cowboy Roxie's Texas Hold 'em
Roxies Dallas Cowboy
Dallas Cowboys Jet Roxie
Shining Star Roxie
Hold'em Cowboy Roxie
Jackies Shining Star Roxie
Cowboy Roxies Star Jet

My Favs:
Jackies Shining Star Roxie
Roxies Hold'em Cowboy
Cowboy Jackies Jet Roxie
Shining Star Roxie

You need to know the maximum spaces allowed in the particular Registering boards application also!!!

Keep On Trying!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

How about Shipwreck Roxie as a lot of shipping comes out of Newfoundland?

Perhaps Roxie Ledge for the rugged coastline?
Old 07-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

My pup is Tridon Highlander's Camouflage. Tridon is the kennel where he came from. Highlander is the kennel where his father and aunt (who we also own) came from. His call name is "Ghillie". We named him for the origins of the ghillie suit. So Roxie doesn't have to be in the registered name.
The pup's aunt is Highlander's Upland Scout, her call name is in the registered name, "Scout's" personality is just like the little girl in To Kill A Mockingbird. Of course much of that developed later on...

I knew a dog once whose call name was "Elbe". Low Brass was part of his registered name. That was pretty creative. Shotgun models, makers, decoy makers. Things native to your area or that kind of fit with the dog's job description. "Marshgrass Roxanne", "Shortgrass Sally". Things that have to do with hunting. NAFC Orion's Arch Rival. Archie was owned by a guy who pulled a kennel name from the heaven's or mythology-Orion the Archer.

What about something "On The Rocks".Could useyours & hubby's initials or a combination of your names, i.e. Tridon is a combination of Trisha & Don. Or your last name spelled backwards if it works, SENROB is Bornes backwards and then add a bit of her heritage or personality. If she's stout/strong then you couldgo with "J's Like A Rock".

We came up with a kennel prefix after finding the meaning of my husband's name. In Gaelic, Brandon means beacon (light) on the hill.

The call name is usually the hardest for us. We don't want ours to sound anything like the dogs we're hunting with or their owners names either. Good luck now that you have had even more information overload. Let us know what you name her.

HopeRoxie is a happy healthy pup who matures into a great companion for you and yours!

Old 07-09-2007, 08:14 PM

those are all awesome names!! thankyou so much! i love roxies hold'em cowboy! hehe thats a cool one! thankyou all for helping me, your great!