Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Dog Training Help

Old 02-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dog Training Help

I have alot of work to do before next season. I need decoys, calls, a new SBE II w/ a Pattern Master or a Briley goose choke. But namely the most work I have to do is dog training. I have a 5 yr old Brittany spaniel, he hasnt gotten to go hunting much, kinda weird cause thats why I bought him. Anyway I have neglacted training him. He has some obiedence problems, that I admit are my fault for not training him. I would like to at least have him water retrieve, and sit still. by the time the season gets here. What should I start with to get him trained? How much time should I spend with him on each training session. What are some of the tools I could use? Are there some good training videos out there I could refer to?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:57 AM

Default RE: Dog Training Help

A Brittany would not be most peoples choice for a water dog.
Starting Training at 5yrs old will more than likely take alot of time and money.
Have you considered getting a Lab
or maybee the Dog that Doesn't Rock the Boat
Boykin Spaniel