Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

birdy pup

Old 05-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default birdy pup

As I write this, my three month oldLab is playing in the back yard. Maybe a better way to put is, he's terrorizing the birds. He chases them while they are on the ground, or just flying through my airspace. If they fly up into a tree, he sits under them watching.This puphas adjusted to our home better than any other dog I have had. He can handle being inthe kennel, playing in the yard, or spending time in the house. I can truefully say my wife is mostly to thank for his upbringing. She is great with him! She feeds him, plays with him, takes him out to potty and even cleans up his "accident". I lucky to have two good ones, my puppy and my wife. Jim
Old 05-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: birdy pup

thats nice to hear. sounds like you got yourself agood one,or 2 of them
good luck w/ the pup
Old 05-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

Now the fun begins. Execellent time to start a young pup on small birds like quail. Let him smell and chase while his interest is still strong and you'll have a dog that's hook for life
Old 05-06-2006, 04:55 PM

I am very happy to hear that you are still pleased with your pup (even though he wouldn't untie your shoe)!! His sister is doing just well here at home, I can't wait to mold herinto a bird hunting machine.