Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 name ideas for brother Weimaraners? >

name ideas for brother Weimaraners?

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

name ideas for brother Weimaraners?

Old 12-15-2005, 03:28 PM

Default name ideas for brother Weimaraners?

My brother-in-law and I are getting a couple Weimaraners and I am looking for some good name ideas for them. We work, hunt and hang out together so the dogs will be together 80% of the time.. I was thinking about coming up with some good hunting names that go together like

Smith and Wesson (Smitty & Wes)

Thats pretty much all I've come up with, any one got any ideas?

Old 12-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: name ideas for brother Weimaraners?

How about Trap and Skeet or Winchester (Winny) and Remington (Remmy)? My Dad is picking up his new Brittney Spaniel this next week, and my sons and I have been brainstorming for a name for his pup. The pup is coming from Oklahoma, so we have pretty much settled on "Sooner".
Old 12-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

Register name suggestion, [kennel name][pedigree][anything]. I like using the first letter of the kennel name for anything. Example, my pup is from Kimbu-k-kennels with Wind'em lines so her name is Kimbu Wind'em Kelly.

If I end up with another dog, it's name would probably be 'Salt' since my pup's call name is 'Pepper'. Or most likely, 'Sonof____" You could call your dog "BetterThanHis" and bro-inlaw can call his "BetterThanEric's"
Old 12-16-2005, 06:24 AM

BetterThan's are pretty funny..
Lastnight while going to look at the dogs (we are picking them up next Friday) we were coming up with differnet names:

Miller and Shiner (I like Miller Lite, he like Shiner Bock) - Shiner is a beer from Texas not sure if it out of state or not..

Remington and Winchester

Colt and Remington

Mossy and Cammy (if we were going to get a girl)

Mossy and Camo

Doc and Pepper

Remington and Blue

Hunter and Shooter

Darryl and Darryl - from Newhart "my other brother darryl"

Git and Dun

Gander and Cabela

Paloma and Cazador (Dove and Hunter - spanish)

Old 12-17-2005, 10:16 PM

Having a little experience with Weims, I bet whatever you name them they wind up being called "Shut" and "Up" cause weims like to bark a little.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:00 PM

Wow, last one caught me off guard. I have a Weim that'll be 6 in January and barking a lot is one thing I can't complain about. When he was a pup I taught him he wasn't allowed to bark in the house unless it was "danger" and it's held pretty well for the most part. His name is Yukon.

As far as the names go, definitely don't go with two names that sounds anything like one another. My buddy has a blue Weim named Utah, which when combined with me hollering for Yukon, gets 'em both coming at one time which may not always be desirable.

Old 12-19-2005, 06:55 PM

I have 2 Weims. The mother of my female is named Molly so of course I named her Mossy. I thought it was neat to see other folks had the same name in mind. My male is named Gunner.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:09 PM

How about Tikka and Sako. My 2 year old is named Blu. My weim is the best. The best companion, best hunting dog ( he out performs my 5 year old yellow lab), and best personable canine I have ever had. Weims are hard to beat in the canine world. And what is up with ALASKAMAGNUMS post about barking alot. Here this guy claims he has little experience with weims, then turns around and says that they bark alot. HUH? Alaska, I believe you need to read a book, watch a video, and do your homework......cause there is not alot of truth to your claim. Unless your weim is ignored, maybe I could see that, but then again, the breed cannot be ignored and dismissed. Weims need much attention, for they are personable shadows of the dog world.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:54 AM

Here's "Keeper", and the puppy.

Gerry

Old 12-21-2005, 11:33 AM

We went with my dog , Jake, and his dog, Duke. I know not what we were planning but its what it ended up being. We pick them up on Friday. I will post some pics of the pups next week..

Quick Reply: name ideas for brother Weimaraners?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.