Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 What Do You Feed Your Dogs >

What Do You Feed Your Dogs

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

What Do You Feed Your Dogs

Old 11-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Spike

Default What Do You Feed Your Dogs

I am getting a Braque Francais (French Pointer) puppy next month. Not only is it going to be my first pointer, it is also the first dog I will own. Does anyone out there have their dogs on a raw meat diet. I've read that it's a good way to go and has many benefits for your dog. If you feed raw can you tell me about it and if not please tell me what type and brand of dog food you feed your dog and why.

Thanks to all in advance for responding.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What Do You Feed Your Dogs

I feed my dog ProPlan puppy chicken and rice. It's a well balance food for a sporting dog with protien/fat content 28/18. I mix alittle bit of can dog food also just for the smelly diarrea.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Spike

i think it is called netreno are some thing like that for his dry food + he gets canned food +hotdogs+doughnuts+milk+eggs+becon+turkey+ + + + + + + + + +
Old 11-12-2005, 04:45 PM

i used to feed my dog ABADY its a 2 part food i swear by it when i got a second dog it got to expensive
its hard to find but worth it 1 part is dry food $60-$70 a box (35lbs)
the other is frozen raw food $5-$8 a block
the 35lb dry food is equall to about 55-60lbs of regular dry food the abady is granular search the web for it dont know what stores sell it exept 1 on long island
Old 11-13-2005, 05:37 PM

We feed Purina.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:16 AM

I've fed Sensible Choice to my dog since I got her. A great feed at a great price. I haven't tried to raw meat thing, but I do try to feed my dog more protein if I'm hunting for multiple days.

Old 11-17-2005, 06:55 AM

Beneful by Purina for my boys. I have always tried to start my pups on a high protein food several weeks before hunting season starts to build up their stamina during the season and it's always seemed to work good. I think Purina dog food, whatever flavor, is as good as it gets.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Take a tip form the Sled Dog Mushers. I don't know of anyone who knows more about canine nutrition than Mushers. Mushers feed Eagle Pack more than all other brands combined.
www.eaglepack.com

Old 11-17-2005, 08:20 AM

besides the abady ide have to agree EAGLE pack is probly the best out there thats easy to get they have eagle power pac wich i now use for hunting season its very high in protien and fat
Old 11-17-2005, 07:40 PM

Diamond, I used to feed purina then I got to researching dog foods and knowing what the ingrediets really mean.

Quick Reply: What Do You Feed Your Dogs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.