Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Biting

Old 10-11-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Biting

My doggy Dallas bites everything!! When I tell him NO he doesn't listen...what can i do? B/c my feet hurt from him biting me. When you tell him no he walks away like a snotty little school girl LMAO but then he turns around and comes to attack again.....any advice?
Old 10-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Biting

well i just got a puppy 2 months ago and i was having the same problem.. and the only thing that worked was a water squirt bottle. now he is a lot better but he still likes to do it, but now once i say NO he stops and goes to something else to bite..lol.. he chews everything. everyone says once he loses his teeth it will get better, I CANT WAIT... well good luck
Old 10-12-2005, 06:42 PM

LOL thanks man
Old 10-17-2005, 04:57 PM

You might try grabbing him by the snout and pushing his tongue down with your thumb and say "NO" ..... after a few times he MIGHT get the message.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:55 AM

Let it pout, it'll get over it. get a kong chew toy and put some p.nut butter in it. let it chew on that. Jonesy
Old 10-29-2005, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Next time he does that and you tell him "NO", but yet he comes back and does it again...pick him up and put him on his back...straddle him and hold him down by the loose skin around his throut....then in a very loud and mean voice....tell him "NO" again....maybe even say it several time's....stare right in his eye's...and when he submits and looks away.....let him up....all your trying to attempt is showing your dominance, and that your the leader of the pack....when you speak...he listens.. Good Luck, and keep us informed on your progress.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: WAYNE1

Next time he does that and you tell him "NO", but yet he comes back and does it again...pick him up and put him on his back...straddle him and hold him down by the loose skin around his throut....then in a very loud and mean voice....tell him "NO" again....maybe even say it several time's....stare right in his eye's...and when he submits and looks away.....let him up....all your trying to attempt is showing your dominance, and that your the leader of the pack....when you speak...he listens.. Good Luck, and keep us informed on your progress.
Pinning a pup is pretty aggressive discipline, and in my opinion, not necessary fora puppy being a puppy and doing what they naturally do. If you have older dogs, and watch them with the pup, when the pups get too rough, the older dogs bark, snarl, growl, show their teeth, literally roar in their face, but rarely do they actually grab the pup. If they do, it is usually just a quick grab on the neck and a shake, and pups usually squeal out of there. Most of the time though, if the dogs get sick of the pup, they simply go someplace where the pup cannot get to them.

Personally, I just try like hell to avoid the situation. If the pup gets too wound up, put it outside, in its kennel, give it something to distract it....whatever. I do not believe anything truly stops a pup from biting except time.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do not believe anything truly stops a pup from biting except time.
....His original thread said he had a "Doggy"......not a puppy..
Old 10-29-2005, 07:42 PM

Yeah i agree, ya get to rough can create head shy or even hand shy in the dog. Boy its hard call, Jonesy
Old 10-29-2005, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you can get your hand's on a copy of "The 10 Minute Retriever" by John and Amy Dahl....read page's 46-47 under "Behavior Problem's"...That might help ya..

Quick Reply: Biting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.