Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

anybody run rabbits?

Old 08-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default anybody run rabbits?

How many of yall run beagles after rabbits?? I was just wonderin. Dang its like 3 months away and i already cant wait for the season. I like runnin rabbits better than shootin deer or turkeys. anyone else share that obsession? Just wonderin. BB
Old 08-17-2005, 05:31 PM

Default RE: anybody run rabbits?

i do i do we run beagles here we have three that we run quite often. ever heard of a beagle called RUN EM OVER TANK. we have two of his pups and one mini beagle. about five or six years ago pa. changed our training laws and now we can train all year. lost track years ago on how many bunnies they have brought back but i still love to heard them make music. we supply the rabbits for the game dinners in this area. ever had yours out on jack rabbits.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Typical Buck

aww heck. naw i aint ever run them on jack rabbits but id love to. Ive never seen one in tennessee and they aint in the huntin regs so i dont think we have any here but id say it would be awesome hear that race. i just got into beagling like 2 years ago when i got my first beagle but now i cant even get fired up about nothin else. my oldest one is about 1 year and 8 months and my younger dog is about 8 months. they run great but neither one of them are registered so i guess i cant get them into any of the field trials. I think if i could get them in that they'd win. But anyway its neat to know that there is at least one person on here thats as crazy about beaglin as me. BB
Old 08-21-2005, 07:11 PM

I run em, I have 8 beagles that pull hair. BB you can do feild with your dogs. Ya got to find a club and then they will give you the Info......Papers dont make the dog run . 4of my beagles have papers The others are grade hounds. All run and hunt em up.

I like bunny busten more than deer.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:32 PM

BB, I'm pretty sure you can get them registered with UKC or ARHA and then do field trials. try asking here:
http://forums.huntingboards.com/
Old 08-26-2005, 12:35 PM

Yes, you can register UKC. We registered one about a yr ago. Just have to have a bit of its pedigree that you know of, pictures, and the fee. I think that that is it.