Community
Specific Turkey Tips and Tactics How to's from cooking turkeys to conditioning calls, this forum holds it all.

A Tip on Speaking the Language

Old 03-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Spike

Default A Tip on Speaking the Language

One of the biggest challenges to turkey hunting is learning how to make the basic sounds made by the hen turkey. I’ve seen a lot of good turkey callers who knew how to call at turkeys, but knew little about communicating. Most callers over do the cutting, cackling and all the hyped excited hen stuff and forget that there are some basic communications that all turkeys have known since the nest. Every gobbler in the woods knows one call above all others and without exception; the one call that means COME TO ME, NOW. This same call has perhaps saved the bird’s life from daily predator threats and other dangers as simple as loosing track of mom and siblings. The ASSEMBLY CALL is the call the hen uses to gather the flock shortly after poults leave the nest. It is also the call she uses to call her mate. If you effectively use it at the right time, they will come.

Listen to the assembly call here: http://ozarkridgecalls.com/wp-conten...bbly-call1.mp3

Good Luck this Spring!