Community
Specific Turkey Tips and Tactics How to's from cooking turkeys to conditioning calls, this forum holds it all.

Turkey hunting?

Old 02-27-2011, 02:37 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Okay settle down......language such as the word filter took care of is against HNI rules.

Now it was a simple question - a simple answer could have sufficed.

And to answer your call question Nato

Master one call first as they all work. Send me a PM and I will send you a call - how's that Nato?

Now my favorite is a box call followed by a pot or slate.

JW
Old 02-28-2011, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree…I flew off the handle. A bit uncalled for, and I should have waited to cool off before responding to the post. However, it was certainly not a simple question; it was rather loaded (and absolutely uncalled for). I spend a couple of paragraphs asking questions and relating my experience…or lack thereof…with turkeys (to give a background to those questions). The guy completely ignores my request for advice and, instead, decides he wants to play ethics police. By the very nature of his question, he was implying I did something illegal (“Did you have a license to hunt them?”). I’m sorry, but that crap just doesn’t fly with me. Regardless of my answer, what would it have mattered? What would he have done with that information? If I had a license, then he would have been helpful and answered my questions? If I didn’t, he would have…what? Slapped me on the wrist? Given me a tongue lashing? Called the VDGIF on me? See my point?

Anyways, I appreciate the advice on calls and shot. Hunt12ga, the 1 or 2 never-fail calls making it with you into the woods by end of season is exactly what I wanted to hear. Lord knows I have boxes full of fishing tackle, but in the warmer months, a rooster tail fished just right gets ‘em every time.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default Responce to 7.62Nato

WOW 7.62Nato,

First of all I am a woman not a man and am not used to men flying off the handle at me for a simple question, I guess I can thank god (and the administrators)for the word filter.

I have said many times here that I am female and don't expect all to remember as the point here is hunting.

It was not a loaded question as you say just a question and infmphunter is right I have not hunted in the state you where speaking of and I have no idea about the laws etc. No I was not going to report you, slap you or anything els, just wanted to know what hunters could do there THATS ALL.

If you look at a lot of my posts I do like to help turkey hunters with some of there questions and thats what this site is all about asking questions, helping each other and good Ole camaraderie not about assuming and attacking each other. After this display though frankly I would be afraid of your response so I'll let the guys help you, good luck hunting.

Thank you infmphunter and JW !!
Now lets get back to hunting.....

Last edited by RockyMtnGobblers; 04-03-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

Not sure why my signature shows up twice went in to edit it out and it doesn't not show up in editing, o well guess that makes it doubly important lol.