Community
Specific Turkey Tips and Tactics How to's from cooking turkeys to conditioning calls, this forum holds it all.

The Guide to Pot Calls

Old 05-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Guide to Pot Calls

great article i learned a lot from that i have a crystal call but almost never use it because i didn't know that much about it. this article really helped me, and i plan to break out my crystal call on my next hunt.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: StruttinGobbler3

great article i learned a lot from that i have a crystal call but almost never use it because i didn't know that much about it. this article really helped me, and i plan to break out my crystal call on my next hunt.

Now that the more dominant hens are going to nest and have been bred, the younger hens will start to get more vocal. That high pitched crystal should be just the ticket. Good luck.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

thanks i'll be sure to try it tomorrow morning. wish me luck! lol
Old 05-09-2008, 09:38 PM

that's some good info now what about reed calls? any tricks?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lnknprkpl

that's some good info now what about reed calls? any tricks?

Whats your definition of a "reed" call... you mean like locator calls that have reeds like duck calls or do you mean mouth/diaphram calls?
Old 05-15-2008, 04:43 PM

Sorry it took me so long to respond getting ready for my 1st turkey hunt this weekend. It would be the mouth/diaphram calls. I have one knight & hale, and it came with 3 different calls but to me they all sound the same. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Old 04-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the info!! I have yet to get a decent pot call but will be checking into a few of them as I am planning on trying my first turkey hunt ever.. A friend brought one to work one day for me to check out and it was a small one. The problem is all the ones I have seen are larger pot calls and I think the smaller one would work better..Any input on the size difference in these?

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-22-2011 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

I have both small ones and large pot calls. They both work the same, butI prefer the larger and i can grip it better. I was using a Primos Crystal pot call this past weekend in the high winds and called in a few hens who cackled at my decoys.I have a small Knight and Hale Pocket Puppy with sla-tek and its sounds great as well. The larger is a Knight and Hale Old Yeller and is a great call as well. I usually get all my stuff from this site.

http://www.wingsupply.com/shop/Scripts/default.asp

Lots of great stuff and usually ships the same week
Old 10-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Spike

Man i like the diagrams it helped me out alot! I still have trouble with purrs tho..
Old 03-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Spike

My first pot call is a Knight & Hale Old yeller and i love it! It makes them gobble just cant figure out how to get them to come in. lol

Quick Reply: The Guide to Pot Calls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.