Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Question inAlabama >

Question inAlabama

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Question inAlabama

Old 05-07-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Question inAlabama

I live in NY right now but recently bought 4 acres in Alabama.I will be paying property taxes so am I eligible for a resident license?I will be moving to Alabama as soon as a settlement for a car accident is reached.Until then,I'm stuck up in NY getting killed by taxes and high prices.My father is moving down the this summer so I will have a place to stay and hunt.We are in Rainbow City.I came down there in March and bought a beautiful piece of property and it must be good hunting because there was a tree stand on it already.Can't wait to get out of NY and 7 months of snow.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question inAlabama

TO the best of my knowlege if you actually reside in the state and receive your mail here you are eligible. This is to keep someone from buying a tiny parcel of land and calling it home just to keep from paying nonresident fees. I think this is a problem with people who live just across the line in neighboring states and want to hunt/fish in both as residents. Welcome to Alabama when you get here. 2 deer a day, 1buck and 1 doe or 2 does during about a 70 day season. You'll be trading the snow for our humidity in summer. You'll see what I mean when you get here. Again, welcome.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Question inAlabama

If you maintain residence ( driving license, mailing address, bills, etc) for about 100 days you can buy a resident license or a lifetime hunting license. Till then you have to buy the $252 (unless it changed) non-residence license. Owning land in the state (a larger acerage may make a difference due to taxes paid) won't help. Welcome to the south.