Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Texas Hog Hunters. >

Texas Hog Hunters.

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Texas Hog Hunters.

Old 04-24-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Texas Hog Hunters.

My friends and I Hunt hogs almost year round. Only taking time off to deer hunt and a few birds here and there. We make trips to Tyler County and to parts of Louisianna. I was wondering if anyone had any good ways to callem in and do you trap, gun, or use dogs to get your hogs? I want to find a good BIG hog hunt for us to go on, so if you have NEinfo on some fill free to post it up =) PEACE
Old 04-24-2005, 07:46 PM

Default RE: Texas Hog Hunters.

I don't have any calls, but I do sell a new wild hog attractant called TUFF TUSK. Feel free to check out the webpage by clicking the link below. We have a gallery of some of the hogs we have taken as well. Good Luck on your upcoming hunt.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:03 PM

i have heard tale that if you get a pigglet to squeel the mothing instinct in the sals will cause them to wonder in and see whats messin withthe little ones. Also we use a sent called HOG WILD havnt noticed any diff between it and regular corn. Most anything smells like fruit will work. But i have noticed that in my traps CHEESE used for catfishing works best. Down here you can get it at the fishmarket for 25cents a pound. I will check out your bait as well tho. I am building a hog webpage. www.hawgtraps.com gotta get the forums and pics up, i will also be selling hog traps there as well.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:31 PM

Let me know when your page is up. I think I'm gonna need a trap here soon. The hogs in the area I'm connected with are starting to move right into neighborhoods and getting permission to use anything but a trap is gettin harder. Maybe we can do some link trading once your up and running. Keep in touch!
Old 05-14-2005, 07:54 AM

will do, i have a trap i just finished yesterday think deminsions are 4x4x8 with a door that is pushed open so more than one hog can get in. I also have them with trap doors, once it closes that it. i hang cheap photocell feeders over them to keep constant food source in the trap itself. works great. if you need one email me or just post it here my aim is shonuffTx22 always there, well like 80% of the time NEways