NC Sportsman Bill of Rights >

NC Sportsman Bill of Rights

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

NC Sportsman Bill of Rights

Old 03-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Spike

Default NC Sportsman Bill of Rights

Attention Hunter, Trappers, Fisherman
Our state legislators are currently working on Sportsman Bill of Rights legislation to protect our rights to hunt, trap and fish. Please take a moment to contact your state representative and let them know you support this bill.
heel

See the bill here: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions...ML/S918v0.html

Find your representative here: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/GIS/Repr...esents_Me.html
Old 03-30-2005, 02:04 PM

Default RE: NC Sportsman Bill of Rights

Although I did contact my (and yours) employees within the State gov. ,this is already Law within the G.S .of N.C.Can you tell me what this will do to help when the law already covers your right to hunt,fish,trap,run dogs,etc. under the state G.S. and your Hunting/Fishing Lic.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:13 PM

POST SCRIPT to above reply:I have only been bothered once by anyone and it was mountain bikers riding in an area that they were not allowed.After a few smart remarks by these punks I quoted the law about bothering hunters and fisherman and also with them present and listening,called the local ranger station to report their riding in a non-biking area.several hours later as I left the National Forest I passed them with two ranger vehicles around them with blue lites on.There is always a way to have those who think that "GAME LANDS" means for them only ,not the ones of us who have paid for the right to hunt,fish,and clean up after them.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:14 AM

What about hunting on Sunday?
Anybody know whats going on there?
I don't understand it. You can work, shop, trade, fish, darn near about anything, even surf the internet, except hunt on Sunday.

I bet if "Tax-Hike Mike" has his way, he'll even let you play the lottery on Sunday.
If anyone cares, I'm deadset "against" it!!
Old 04-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Spike

Mtnhunt, I was unaware that the right to hunt/fish/trap is already law in the GS. Can you point me in the right direction on that?

Creole, I'm concerned with protecting our right to hunt on the other six days right now.
Thanks for your input,
heel
Old 04-01-2005, 05:52 PM

huntnheel, I believe he's correct that it is in the G.S. I'll see if I can find it. God bless them for reinforcing it, or making it a statute if it isn't already.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:48 PM

Cant find it. maybe it's not a right. Still looking....
I'm pretty sure they cann't bother you though.

P.S. Sunday hunting study is on the calendar!!!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 03:17 PM

Let me restate myself:It is in the G.S. as long as you hold a valid lic.I am 400 miles form home right now,so can't look up in the G.S. but is a very old G.S.It was shown to me several years ago by a state game warden.The newest reg. ,I believe, is the one where you can"t bother a hunter or fisherman because you don"t approve of what they are doing.Most counties have their own versions and additions to these laws also to help protect the hunter,and preserve wildlife conservation.I will look up the G.S. when I get home.Hope you are all ready for Spring Turkey season.