Northwest Florida Neighborhoods

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Northwest Florida Neighborhoods

Old 03-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Northwest Florida Neighborhoods

To whom it may concern,
I'm thinking about moving to the Northwest portion of Florida. I now live in Central Florida .It has got too crowded wih boom boxes and etc.etc.Is it nicer in the Northwestern part or about the same. I know the hunting is much better but my first priority is the neighbors. My wife and I are teachers and have to stay in Florida. All comments are welcome.
Thnaks,
Chuck
Old 03-13-2005, 04:50 PM

Default RE: Northwest Florida Neighborhoods

I live in central florida myself, so i know what you mean. you'll get the most for your money when you head nw. It's still quiet and probably will be for a while depending how far nw you go. I'm a pilot so I get to see all of Florida and the east coast is developing like crazy.from one end to the other. i'm looking to purchase a piece of property myself to expand my Outfitting thing and NW is most likley where I'm going. Good luck![>:]
Old 03-14-2005, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Of course it is going to depend on what specific area you are considering moving to. I've been in the DeFuniak Springs for about 30 years, live in the country, and it is a nice area. Lot of deer and other wildlife. If you are looking for land, a 100 acre tract can be found for about $2500 an acre.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:16 AM

Jackson, Leon, and Wakulla counties are where I have lived. All three are good.
Leon county would give more job opportunities. And all have great hunting and fishing.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks to all of you kind folks. I can retire in 10 years which we will probably go to the mountains. A whole lot more for your money. Thanks again for your responses. Polk County population 520,000 Average county in the mountains 2000
Chuck
Old 03-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Chuck, its still peaceful around Lake Wales end of the county. Although I did lose my hunting lands to "investors" from England, trying to get my realtor (who sold the property to the investors) to get me hunting rights for it again... oh well.....
Old 03-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Sewer Rat,
Thanks for the imformation. Yeah , while I was checking out the hurricane damage I saw how private and independent Lake Wales was. Actually I was more closer to Frost proff. I was checking out Arbuckle. 50 miles from Lakeland. I decided to stick with the GReen Swamp at 26 miles and more trails, but your right, not nearly as populated.
Chuck
Old 04-06-2005, 02:16 PM

In and around Tallahassee is nice. The deer hunting (hog and turkey too) is good in the counties surrounding Tallahassee also. Gadsden, Jackson and Jefferson all produce some big bucks. Tallahassee is also only about 25 miles from the Ga. state line and 50 or so from the Alabama line. I run a club in Jackson County that is only about 45 miles west of Tally. Just my thoughts, but I'm probably prejudiced since I grew up in the area. If you decide to relocate, give my wife a call, she's a realtor/broker here in town and can give you some info on communities, etc. Her website is www.sheilarogers.com Good Huntin'!
Old 04-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Unfortunately the panhandle has some traffic problems, especially around the beaches, and also real estate prices have gone thru the roof. Im trying to buy some more property In the north ends of okaloosa and walton county and it is expensive. However there are some deals out there if you can find land for sale by owner, if the realators get it they will jack the price up. Great place to live and hunt, salt and freshwater fish. Lots of schools
Old 04-17-2005, 06:20 AM
Dominant Buck

I will do just that. Sorry for the late reply. I forgot about this post. I saved the web-page.
Chuck

Quick Reply: Northwest Florida Neighborhoods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.