Baiting in Bama! >

Baiting in Bama!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Baiting in Bama!

Old 03-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Baiting in Bama!

If you want to be able to hunt over corn next year here in Alabama please send an e-mail to:

[email protected]

Tell them why you are for it and remember to give your name, address, and phone #. The DCNR is sending all responses to the senate. The Bill is called SB244. It would legalize baiting from a feeder. You would have to have a permit for your feeders, but then you'd be legal. Another way to get involved is to call your senator or e-mail them. The bill will move to the House after the senate passes it.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Baiting in Bama!

I think there is a willdlife advisory board that has to make a recommendation before it gets that far. It was thought last year that it would pass, but there were too many rediculous stipulations attached to the planned change and it was aborted. Maybe there is something new going on. Mr. Morrell of Morrell's Feeders is one of the members of the board and I think he is one of the favorable members for baiting.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Timbercruiser, It is really, in the senate, go to the Alabama Senate (ALISON) web page and look up SB244 it has already passed the commitee and is going to the floor for a vote.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

I'm from Montgomery, Alabama and I don't have a real problem with baiting if thats how one wants to hunt but I have a real big problem with letting legislators set game laws. Here in AL our legislature is THE PITS! Thats how hunting bans have gotten on the books in states such as California and other places. These people are easily influenced by special interest groups with large checkbooks and Bambi lovers would love to donate to a legislator to get a bill passed and bypass the professionals at the game and fish dept. I say let the pros decide, with input from the hunting public, whether we need to allow baiting. The legislature here can't or won't even do anything about schools, crime, budget deficits, or anything else that they should be working on. They're too busy with stuff thats really not their job (State wiskey, State insect, pandering to whiners,voting themselves raises, etc.)
Old 03-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Goose if you will, give a link to the page you are talking about. When I tried allison.com it gave me some sewing homepage. I know the Advisory Board is meeting this weekend in North Alabama. Thus far I can't find anything about a baiting law being in the Senate. Last year it did get to sub-committee, but the final proposal wasn't worth having.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:04 PM

last year the big deal was the dieases that would spread, (you can use feeders all year long,but you can't hunt over the feeder),my question is,how will hunting over bait reduce the chance of the deer getting dieases. when you can feed them from a feeder anyway.either way people are still going to keep, the feeders running.i'm all for it passing,but not crazy about sitting over a pile of corn,waiting to shoot a doe.