Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Going North... >

Going North...

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Going North...

Old 01-22-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Going North...

I'm going to be taking a trip to Pennsylvania this year to coyote, and spring turkey hunt.
I've never been out of the South, and I'm not sure what to expect exactly. Does anyone have any tips or advice on what stuff needs to be taken, and what I need to prepare for?
I will be staying with a friend up there, so I'm not going to be alone up there, but I just thought maybe someone who has been there/done that, could help me out a little.
Thanks,
SH[8D]
Old 01-22-2005, 05:29 PM

Default RE: Going North...

good luck southern huntress hope you get a buch

and yeah if your going up north then I guess you need to take some good insulated camo its pretty cold down here in south bama right now I dont know how it is up north but I bet theres snow on the ground somewhere :-)
Old 01-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Bring good light weight camo, gloves and a head net because there will be mosquitoes and ticks. It won't be cold just cool in the morning and it gets real warm once the sun comes up and you are hiking all over looking for a bird. Get a turkey vest to carry spare cloths like a camo hooded sweat shirt for when it is cool and to carry the bird out that you will get. Good luck lots of turkeys and beautiful country.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:05 PM

Thanks for the help guys- i need all I can get.lol
If I get anything, I'll post pictures.
SH
Old 01-26-2005, 07:56 PM

WHAT PART OF PENNS. WILL YOU BE HUNTING
Old 01-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you drink Dr. Pepper, take them with you. All I got in D.C. was stupid looks and Mr. Pibb when I asked for them.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: YBUCK

WHAT PART OF PENNS. WILL YOU BE HUNTING
I think it's north if Harrisburg-a place called Millerstown.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:57 PM

ORIGINAL: North Texan

If you drink Dr. Pepper, take them with you. All I got in D.C. was stupid looks and Mr. Pibb when I asked for them.
HAHA! Okay, I will be taking some then. My friend up there didn't know what okra or grits were, and that scared me-but Dr. Pepper!?!
Old 01-28-2005, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

you might also want to think about getting one of those new bug repellers that are battery operated, i can't recall their name, but am definately thinking about getting one for myself.. grits, who in the heck would ever want to eat those things( lived in va, thought that was the worst trick someone could ever do to someone else, order grits at a restraunt, then have to pay for those nasty things, lol.) you can find dr. pepper just fine, lol, i found it about impossible down south to find it, had to settle for mr. pibb. or, you could always settle for the dr. thunder from wal-mart, tastes like both.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:44 AM

What is special about the battery operated one??I was just wondering, I mean I'm spending enough $$ on the trip, but if there is some reason I NEED to get the battery one, then I look into it.
Anyway,
I guess your grits weren't fixed right.lol I love that stuff for breakfast, along with fried eggs-man it's good!
I like it with lots of butter, salt and pepper, but I've also had it with butter and sugar-fixed like oatmeal or whatever.
BTW~My parents owned a restaurant a few years ago, and I waitressed and we served grits. Chocolate gravy too, and never got a complaint.lol
Guess if it's not a southern thing, then it must be an Arkansas thing.lol
SH[8D]

Quick Reply: Going North...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.