Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hog hunting

Old 01-07-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Hog hunting

Has anyone here ever hunted Green Swamp West WMA in Florida.
I have a hog hunt there in Feb. and I am looking for pointers. Any help would be great!
Thanks
Dan
Old 01-08-2005, 02:02 AM

Default RE: Hog hunting

How did you get a hog hunt in Green Swamp West? I'd like to do that too.

Do any of you know if you can pre scout this area?
Old 01-08-2005, 03:11 PM

It's a special quota hunt. You need to enter the drawing in June. I think.
The week after my hunt theres a hog hunt with dogs.
No size or bag limit on hogs. I've heard there aren't as many as there used to be. They have been trying to thin them out and it must be working.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:07 PM

Never hunted the west unit but I do hunt 'Green Swamp' . The two are directly kitty corner of each other . Green swamp still has a good population of hogs . Yes you can scout the area . The WMA's are open all the time , drive in park and start walkin . They both have several roads running throughout the area (usually graded roads) . You can get maps and hunting info at myfwc.com click on the hunting section and then on the southwest region . Good luck
Old 01-09-2005, 07:26 PM

HOW IS THE HUNTING IN FLORIDA?mY WIFE AND i ARE PLANNING TO RETIRE HOPEFULLY ON THE GULF SIDE IF WE CAN AFFORD IT.NOT FOR ANOTHER TWENTY YEARS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TRY SOME HOG HUNTING IN FLORIDA.I AM A LITTLE CONCERNED WITH SNAKES AND GATORS THOUGH.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:38 AM

redsoxfan , you don't have to worry about the snakes and gators ; the skitters eat them all!!!!!![].
we have a lot of hogs on the gulf coast also. my wife has taken 7 this yaer.all real good hogs.we have made about 250 lbs. of smoked sasuage so far.as soon as deer season is over we gonna get on them hogs full time.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:40 AM

Silveradoswampbuggie ; what part of polk co. you from? I lived in Auburndale for about 20 years.still have a lot of family there.grauatied from Haines City High school a bunch a years ago.

good to see someone from home.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:47 PM

Do you process your own meat or do you have it done professionally?

I don't know how to do it and have yet to find a place this far south that will do a hog or deer for me.

Planing on trying my hand at hog hunting in Feb/05 if work will let me.

Then it's full time turkeys ya all. Ground work already set for a multi state attack this year.

Plans also set for an elk hunt in Colorado. Will be a banner year for me. I hope.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:42 PM

Hi Tree Climber. I live in Brandon can you tell me where I can go Hog hunting in my area or surrounding areas.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Hi Tree Climber ,
I'm from Lakeland right down the road from you. I also hunt the Green Swamp. Lot's of signs this year but a hunter has to be really sharp and blessed to get something. It's like the game has about 4 years of college. I got a spike deer this year with a deer call. How about you?
Chuck

Quick Reply: Hog hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.