am i the only one on here from texas? >

am i the only one on here from texas?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

am i the only one on here from texas?

Old 01-20-2005, 10:39 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: am i the only one on here from texas?

Thanks Georgetown. I've been hunting west of college station and only saw 1 small doe the entire season. Looks like I'm on the wrong side. A few guys I've talked to said that is typical around here. The deer seem to be fairly concentrated in a few areas and if you are not hunting one of those properties you aren't going to fair well. There are a ton of pigs around here. I haven't seen any in daylight yet but hopeful. I've got a feeder to put up but that is kind of a catch 22. The landowners want the pigs shot but really don't want you putting up an attractor for them. The hog hunting is supposed to be really good at Sommerville lake, archery only. Have had several people tell me it wouldn't be much trouble to shoot a hog there. Do you know anything about any of the archery shops around you? I see there is one in Georgetown and several in Austin?
Old 01-20-2005, 12:15 PM

From a little town called Comanche (where I hunt) and currently living in the Big D.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Comanche? Little? Maybe compared to Big D. Now Woodson, on the other hand... Home to about 250 friendly people. And a few old soreheads.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:39 AM

Ah, Comanche...close enough to Dublin to get some real Dr. Pepper, and close enough to Brownwood to get a good steak at The Section Hand.

There's deer there, too?

Sounds like heaven to me...
Old 01-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Moose_Maximus

Ah, Comanche...close enough to Dublin to get some real Dr. Pepper, and close enough to Brownwood to get a good steak at The Section Hand.

There's deer there, too?

Sounds like heaven to me...
Yep. Once you've had a real Dr. Pepper made with genuine Imperial cane sugar, it's just hard to drink an immitator made with high fructose corn syrup.

BTW, Underwood's isn't bad, either.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Underwoods is the real deal. Might try Red Wagon also. Use to work at the Brownwood Airport. We use to have to drive the fire truck up and down the runway to get the deer off of it before a plane would land. LL
Old 01-22-2005, 03:25 PM

North Central Texas. Wise county.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:57 PM

Brownwood here, and fyi underwwoods is still great and ya cant beat the $1.99 breakfast at the red wagon but i hunt in coleman co. near lake ivie . and if your down that way stop at big o's in valera if u like good eating.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:27 AM

Austin, Tx reporting in... I hunt in the Centerville area currently. Good to see some fellow Texans in here!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:37 PM

I'm a Tex-un too!!...hunt Hogs all the time in the Panhandle.

Quick Reply: am i the only one on here from texas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.