Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Anyone from South Florida?? >

Anyone from South Florida??

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Anyone from South Florida??

Old 12-15-2004, 01:27 PM

Default RE: Anyone from South Florida??

Kylen, wow you are bringing back memories. Are you familiar with Corbett? Ever hunted there? How are the Glades looking nowadays?
Old 12-15-2004, 04:11 PM

I've heard alot about Corbet but havn't hunted it due to heavy presure I go elsewhere. Was told that they did pretty good last season on the turkeys.

As far as the glades, everything is looking great after the hurricanes. Ducks are in in mass. Getting better each and every day.

Here's a shot out at Holiday Park for you. Zone access 1 only 1 mile in.

Old 12-15-2004, 05:14 PM

Thanx Kylen! I haven't heard of hunting in the everglades. That sounds like fun tho
Old 12-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

DHF:
Beautiful dog! hey you southern fla folks,,im comin down their to hollywood for a visit in january & im kinda wonderin if i can find a place to bow hunt hogs for a day or two while im there? If not maybe somebody would like to hook up for a day of fishing.

thanx for any info
Mike
Old 12-16-2004, 09:47 AM
Cag
Spike

I'm from Miami. Used to have a place on Hallandale Beach on the beach that I used to go to on the weekends but I sold that last December.

There's a few places to go besides the Glades. There's J.W. Corbett mentioned already, there's Dupois, which is next to Corbett, There's Three Lakes, there's Kiko Wild Life Management Area, and a few others. Most of these are in Central Florida. Used to go to Ocala.

Mostly I hunt South Carolina, and Georgia.

Best of luck....Cag
Old 12-16-2004, 10:09 AM
Cag
Spike

700 man, there's plenty of places to hunt hogs. The public wildlife management areas will mostly be closed for hunting during the time you are visiting. There are plenty of private hunt for hogs and you should have a good chance for success. The Indians (Seminoles) have a place for private hunts that have great big ole hogs. They also have an array of other animals, mostly exotics such as Axis, and Fallow deer, and some small Red Stags.

You pay only a guide fee if you don't kill anything. It's almost impossible not to kill something there. You can hunt from a tree stand, blind or hunt with the guide off of the buggy where he'll drive you around until you find the hog you like. These guys (guides) they know where all the different game hang out. The name of the place is Big Cypress Adventures. They have website which is www.seminoletribe.com/bigcypress/hunting.shtml
Their phone number is 1 800 689- 2378.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck ....Cag
Old 12-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

Cag:
Thanx alot for the info! I just tried to call but business hours are until 5pm,,,and it's now 6pm! im probably just gonna go for the meat hog hunt at 150.00$/day plus guide fees of 175.00$ due to lack of millionaire status,,,but it will still be an awesome time for me since i have never been south of outer banks in my life,,and it's been a dream of mine to kill a hog with the thompson center encore for about 10 years

thanx again for all your help
Mike
Old 12-19-2004, 08:30 AM

Awesome, thx for the pic. Very beautiful dog. Yeah, I figured the Glades would be hoppin'. Try Corbett sometime: beautiful place- FLA actually does have beauty!

Kimberly