Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

kentucky

Old 11-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: kentucky

Guys, its definately on here in Madison county!! I was on my way to work this morning and saw two different bucks chasing does. And with this front coming through and with the colder weather forcast for the weekend, it should be a fine opener!!! Its about time. I'm tired of our opener being hot enough to wear flip-flops and tanktops. Good luck to you Ky boys and be safe out there!!!!

Carter
Old 11-11-2004, 08:25 PM

yea i'm hopin the opener is gonna be perfect, in after reading bahouse3's post i got another question...are you all seeing alot of young bucks this year cause i've seen more yearling to two year old deer this year than ever, lots of spikes 4's n one 6...i'm hopin the big boys wake up n smell the girls this weekend though
Old 11-12-2004, 01:29 PM

Young BUCK down. My buddy stuck one this am! From the stand I was going to use tommorrow[:@] But since he owns the property I can't say much. Decent 8 Pt. maybe 16" spread and looked to be a young deer, not a very big body. I took a similar 8 pt 200 yds from this spot last year on the 1st Thursday of Gun season. Heis horns were tighter but heavier and he had an easy 50-75 pounds on this deer this am.
Anyway the point I was gonna make was this deer was DEFINITELY trying to breed a doe, Damn near shot in the act. He ran 35 yards before both lungs were full. I'll try and get a picture this evening or tomorrow after i hunt, maybe I can show two Bucks tomorrow. We saw this one running with a twin brother several weeks ago, I'm looking for DADDY!

GOOD SAFE HUNTING TO ALL!!
Old 11-13-2004, 10:50 PM

same here i shot a 6 pointer at about 8 this morning it was a good body deer as it was about 180 pounds live weight it had about a 14-16 in spread, i'll try to post pictures once i get them developed, weird thing was..it had a white hoof first time id ever seen that
Old 11-15-2004, 10:04 AM

Found Daddy!!! I am leaving to hunt birds this afternoon but I'll try to get a picture posted ASAP. Be back Saturday. Nicest buck I've ever taken. Don't know much about scoring but the tape between the widest place in his rack reads 22" or better on the inside and 24" or better on the outside. Not a pretty rack so I'm just going to do a European mount. I still can't catch my breath. It was 6:01am this morning and he was one of 3 nice bucks chasing does in the field. Good luck and safe hunting to everyone. Oh yah he is an 8 PT with two kickers on his brow tines. Does that mean he is a 10?
Old 11-19-2004, 12:35 PM

Too refine the description he has a split browtine and a kicker off the other. And I know you don't see it but the tag [homemade since I bought a Sportsman License over the phone before Turkey opener] is under my right hand. I was pleased to call in this tag. Wish he would have had a taller rack to go with his width. To give some reference to the width I'll tell you I wear an XL shirt size 46 coat.

Old 11-22-2004, 11:14 AM

YA'LL still in the woods or what, Maybe this deer is too small to take note of but let me know how you are all doing. This pic is of an 11 pointer taken yesterday evening....from the same spot...still chasing does.

Old 11-23-2004, 08:15 PM

two nice bucks taken off the same farm, must have good genetics...as far as rut conditions its gotten back to real slow around here again as i went last weekend n saw a total of 4 deer one spike and 3 does. I'm heading down to muhlenberg county this week to hunt my grandpa's farm before thanksgiving dinner, hopefully they're still active down that way.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:47 AM

Should be great weather Thursday Morning. Cold and possibly snowing. They should be on the move. Hope a monster crosses through your sights. GOOD LUCK!!
Old 11-26-2004, 11:33 AM

well the deer were active but the big boy's weren't in the mood. I went out early yesterday mornin and sat on the ground along this heavily traveled creek bottom. I jumped two going in, and saw 4 more does just after sunrise. Then as i was getting up to leave i saw a spike coming along the creek. I messed around with a mouth grunt call i've been trying, but no luck as he turned up the ridge and left. I guess one positive thing to know is that these deer all made it pretty much through gun season i guess, but no monsters on this morning.

Quick Reply: kentucky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.