Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Lake Greeson WMA/Arkansas >

Lake Greeson WMA/Arkansas

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Lake Greeson WMA/Arkansas

Old 09-22-2004, 11:51 AM

Default Lake Greeson WMA/Arkansas

I'm looking for a hunting buddy to bow and rifle hunt Lake Greeson WMA. I pulled a rifle permit and you will have to have one of them to rifle hunt the area. But bow hunting is open to all with a regular licence. I will also be hunting Howard County WMA with bow and it's open to anyone having a licence. There are plenty of deer in these areas and I'm tired of going by myself all the time. Anyone interested just contact me and we'll set up a time to get out there and bust a buck!! I'm retired so the dates are always open and I hunt most every day. Have a great hunting season all!!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Spike

Default RE: Lake Greeson WMA/Arkansas

metalback, I too drew a permit for rifle hunting in Lake Greeson WMA. Have you ever hunted this area? I have not. Don't know where to go or anything about this WMA? Do you have any suggestions?I called for a map but can't really tell anything except where to park. Not sure at this time when I will be hunting as I first must get bowhunting out of my blood.
Maybe we could meet up sometime and slay the big one. Help me out with anything that you know. Thanks bponb
Old 09-25-2004, 10:27 AM

BPONB; Glad to hear from ya!! I usually rifle hunt Howard County Wildlife Management Area and thought I'd try Greeson this year. So I really don't have a clue either. But I'm going to be doing alot of bow hunting over there and will scope out the area real good. I have mapquest so as soon as I find a good spot or two I'll download some topo and arial maps and send ya a couple of them. I called for a map of the area also and haven't gotten it yet. I need to know where the boundries are so I can zero in with mapquest. We'll have to hook up for sure once the season gets going. I'm chompping at the bits right now to get out bow hunting. Only a week away!!! Do you live in Arkansas or Texas? Do you bow hunt in Arkansas or Texas? Anyway if you want to do some bow hunting before the rifle season starts just let me know and we'll set up a spot to meet and set up a camp. I live about an hour from the areas so I was only going to go for a couple or three days at a time so I can come home and take showers(them there bambies will be able to smell me a mile away after 2 days sitting in a tree and howling at the moon around the campfire).... Thank god for scentloc clothing!!! Just let me know what you want to do and what your time frames are. Have a good one!!!
Don
Old 09-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Spike

Don, just wanting to know how you go about useing mapquest? Where can I download those ariel maps and topo's? I am bowhunting in Arkansas only but I already have a lease for that(Nevada county) and don't believe I will have time to head to Greeson for that. My brother and I both are coming to Greeson for rifle season and hope we can hook up for some fun in the outdoors. I guess I will use you for some scouting if you don't mind. Where abouts do you live? You must be close to our hunting camp if you are only an hour away from Greeson.

Good luck on the season