Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 how did everyone do dove hunting?? >

how did everyone do dove hunting??

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

how did everyone do dove hunting??

Old 09-04-2004, 10:05 PM

Default how did everyone do dove hunting??

just curious to see how everyone did dove hunting today?? Our hunt sucked.....seen probably 500 or so birds this morning...as soon as noon hit i seen 10 birds for 4 hours killed 5 of em but that was it!!
Old 09-05-2004, 11:01 AM

Default RE: how did everyone do dove hunting??

Hey,

I went in the afternoon and it sucked...... lmao...... Only saw one dove the whole 4 hours... O well...
Old 09-05-2004, 05:20 PM

The birds didn't fly until after 4 p.m.!! We were cloudy and had a nice breeze here in central NC. Others in my group got their limits between 5 and 6...... Then my gun started acting up[:@] I got two but my lab ate the first one......she deserved it after waiting on me to FINALLY get one!!

Country style Doves with gravy, mashed taters and biscuits for dinner tonight!

I need to start practicing on "leading" the birds.......Embarassed at how many I missed.....[]
Old 09-05-2004, 07:52 PM

we had an excalent dove shoot in dunnbrook VA this year we started hunting around 3:00pm and most of us were limited out by 4:00pm there was 13 of us hunting a 25 acre cut and disked corn field saw well over 500 birds
Old 09-08-2004, 09:45 AM

Dove have been pretty good here! About time..... The last couple of years the birds haven't migrating through until late in the season if not shortly after it closes.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:41 PM

It was ok the first few days, this cold front has pushed most of them out. Im hopin more birds come in later, which happens every year. Just about the time bow season gets up and running, i have to go back out once or twice to dove hunt for a few hours.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Went out on Saturday (the opener), limited out by 4:00. Went out on Labor day in the rain and limited out in 2 hours. Due to hurricane Francis remnants it has been raining since and haven't been able to get out again.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:35 PM

Not too good for me in Virginia Beach, this year. Hunted at a farmer's pay field on Sat, Mon, Tues. Fired less than a box of shells total, for six birds, over three days. A couple guys apparently limited on Saturday where I was, but they sure weren't flying over my head.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:24 PM

I've only been able to go a couple times, but didn't see too many either time.
Probably going this weekend though. I hear some birds are flying noonish up around the VA line.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:19 PM

I hunted in SC on a 30 acre Corn and Sunflower field, but the hurricanes had buried the seed in the soil. That made for a pretty bad day with my dad and I only shotting 6 a piece. The weekend before that there were birds everywhere. We were really disapointed at the whole thing.

There's always next year though

Time for deer hunting now.

Quick Reply: how did everyone do dove hunting??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.