Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 I am ready for squirrel season! >

I am ready for squirrel season!

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

I am ready for squirrel season!

Old 08-29-2004, 08:06 PM

Default I am ready for squirrel season!

Well, not really. But after I get the Ruger 22 pistol sighted in with my hunting rounds on Weds, then I will be ready.

Mmm, they should be fat on the hillsides...

Chubber
Old 08-30-2004, 05:47 AM

Default RE: I am ready for squirrel season!

wish you luck.will be Jan. befor I do any tree rat hunting.[&o]
Old 08-30-2004, 08:28 AM
M38
Spike

I'll be out at C.F. Phelps early Sat. morning trying out my new NEF Sportster.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'll also be out there with the ol' 12 gauge Wingmaster. If you see a POS Chevy Cavalier with a bunch of gun-nut stickers, be sure to stop and say "hi".

Good luck on a safe and successful hunt!
Old 08-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

[:@]LOL what's this I hear all you guys crowding CF's dang I better get there before sun up cause I have a lot to sight in..lol

My new CVA, My Savage270 and the Ole shotgun, but aafter hearing this I best sneak out before the weekend crowd..
Old 08-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

VAsavage270,

I hear ya, man, I hear ya! [:@]

Hey guys.... You want to see a sight that is an absolute JOKE?!?! Go on down to Amelia WMA.... Go check out their range - if you can even get in the $*#&@&#$ parking lot!!!!!!! [:@]

I mean, come one.... {oops, temper is starting to flare} I tried to go there Saturday morning. I mean, like, it was not even 9:30am!!!!!! What - does some rod 'n gun club come in and Bogart the entire range on a Saturday?!? I couldn't believe it! The skeet range parking lot was jammed packed.... There were two cars at the archery range...., and worse yet - the rifle range overflowed in capacity and there was a $*#&@%#$! LINE!!!! [:@][:@][:@]

Butch A.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hm, I was thinking of coming through the gate leading to the range, but maybe I'll stick to the northern part of Phelps. In any case, I planned on being there at sunrise and heading north anyway. With 4500 acres, there has to be a quiet spot in the middle of the woods somewhere between the range and the manager's house.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: M38

My friend and I tooled down there on Saturday to see the range, but the gate was closed. I know it doesn't open until Sept 1, but I figured the road might be open. I had never been to Phelps, I usually go to G. R. Thompson (top side for squirrels) but wanted a place I could sight in the black powder rifles.

Does it really get that busy on the weekend? How about once the season starts? My friend doensn't hunt (Doesn't stop him from bumming venison off of me or inviting himself over for dinner on hassenpfeffer night!) so he just wants a place to shoot black powder.

If it is that hard to get a place on the line on the weekend I may just have to pay the big bucks and go to Clark Brothers.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

My friend and I tooled down there on Saturday to see the range, but the gate was closed. I know it doesn't open until Sept 1, but I figured the road might be open. I had never been to Phelps, I usually go to G. R. Thompson (top side for squirrels) but wanted a place I could sight in the black powder rifles.
Hey, I was camping at Sky Meadows SP two weekends ago and decided to scout Thompson (northern most gate to the Davenport Tract). I saw a few squirrels, raccoons, and does, but not much. I haven't been hunting there yet, but I was considering it if Phelps doesn't work out too well.

I don't want you to give away your "secrets" (), but where's a good place to start looking for squirrels?
Old 08-31-2004, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

LMAO..hmm

My back yard... hehehe I'm not much into tree rat hunting but there are many around healthy!! They are fighting over Acorns I have a nice tree right off my deck about 5 yards. Just about an hour ago I thought of pinning one against the tree with the bow..while I was in my daily routine of shooting. Damn Tree Rats!..lmao

Quick Reply: I am ready for squirrel season!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.