Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Any one hunting central ga?

Old 07-27-2004, 09:30 AM

Default Any one hunting central ga?

Is anyone hunting in central georgia?
Old 07-27-2004, 01:11 PM

Default RE: Any one hunting central ga?

Yeah, I have been hunting for Atlanta, but think I found it.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:05 PM

I'm hunting in E. GA this year. Wilkes Co. over by Lincolnton. Right on the Clarks Hill WMA.

I assume you mean in the Pulaski/Laurens Co area, which I hunted a little last year.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:16 PM

ufg,

we are almost hunting the same real estate. I am in Wilkes county over between I-20 and Washington.
Not a lot of big deer but good action.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:13 PM

Well whadda ya know? I'm over on the other side; off 43 right over the bridge where Lincoln and Wilkes Co. meet. This is our first year leasing from the Tallents. We'll see how it goes. I've spent lots of hours looking at maps/ariel photos, been out on many scouting trips, we put in food plots (Pennington Rackmaster S/S Mix), hung five stands, put out game cameras, and are going to be out there again the first weekend in August. We've certainly done our homework. We'll see if it pays off...

I've only gotten a few pics from the game cameras, but there are tracks all over the place. And only does in the pics.

Is there a good game processor close that you've used?
Old 07-28-2004, 07:34 AM

I have never used a processor up that way. I usually quarter out and bring them back to Southland's in Augusta. I have heard that there is a good processor in Washington but I can't think of the name. I will check into it and find out. Good luck on the new lease.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Spike

Hey dw

I'm from NE GA i'm 35 miles from atlanta. I'm a new comer in georgia i been here going on 3 years and let me tell you its hard to find land to hunt. I come from a state where there is NO! clubs and alot of open land to hunt. I have hunted 3 days in 3 years that really sucks! I need to meet people , so i can get some help on finding land to hunt. I know about all the WMA land. i'm going to ride around up the northren part of the state and talk to some farms this year see if i can hunt there land. Doesn't hurt to ask i guess!!
Old 07-28-2004, 09:17 AM

If you are NE of Atlanta, I would suggest you drive over to Jackson or Madison County. Those might be your best bet. Also, any country store you run across will have someone who can point you in a good direction.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

Hey ufg8r93,

I used to live in Athens, Ga and had private land I hunted in Wilkes and Mcduffie counties. I hunted land just off Hwy 78 just a few miles from Thompson, which bordered the Clark Hill management area. Used to be some excellent hunting up there. I hunted those counties from 1971 to 1976. Really miss those days, didn't cost me a dime to hunt those two pieces of property.

dog1
Old 07-28-2004, 09:18 PM

dog1, I'm very anxious to see how we do this year. Again, we've done all the right things and worked hard. There are tracks all over the place. I think there were beds in one of the food plots the last time I was out scouting. Not getting much on the game cams thus far, but I think part of that's been my choices for locations. We've jumped deer every time we've been out there (in multiple places). It's been hard to tell what most of them were, but I can't confirm that a single one of 'em was a buck.

We're just on the other side of the Clarks Hill WMA, close to Amity. I'll be hunting with my brother and a friend of his from FL and a guy or two from work. Some of us are really green, and some of us put more venison in the freezer than our extended families can eat. I won't tell you which camp I fit it...

Quick Reply: Any one hunting central ga?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.