Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Moving to Florida! >

Moving to Florida!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Moving to Florida!

Old 06-17-2004, 02:09 PM

Default Moving to Florida!

Staying in the same forum, but I just found out that it is a done deal, I will be moving to Florida in the near future. I will be living outside of Orlando, near Clermont.

Any hunting folks down there? Someone that can edumicate a Virginia boy on what he can expect?

Chubber
Old 06-17-2004, 06:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Moving to Florida!

Come on down. Actually that is about 350 miles on down the state from me, but you can expect palmettos, skeeters, titi, gallberries and probably smaller deer than you are use to, but GREAT fishing.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Timbercruiser is right but he forgot there are plenty of hogs and turkey down there as well as alot of wmas in that area.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:45 PM
Spike

You'll probably want to quit hunting all together. Just drop all your equipment off here in North Carolina on the way down.
heel
Old 06-18-2004, 08:11 PM

a friend of mine lives in clermont and drives the 150 miles to north central Fla. to hunt with me.
there are lots of stuff to hunt.

mainly , sketters [] , Ticks , leedches,[&:] , not to mention the gators and cotton mouths[]
Old 06-20-2004, 02:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

take alot of pictures of the women out there too
Old 06-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

you'll enjoy it.....i work near orlando, it's too busy for me, thank God i work in Christmas......the hunting is harder from what i hear and the deer are smaller, but that doesn't take away from the hunt, it's still hunting, you get the same feeling here or there......to me ,there's no better place......then being in the swamps hearing that splash coming your way.......oh i can't wait til archery...........
Old 06-30-2004, 12:27 PM

Find someone with private land or a lease. The WMA's have very short seasons for deer and hog...like 1 week. I am still trying to meet people who have land or a lease so I can hunt longer during the season. I live in the South West part of the state which makes it more difficult. Although, there are some decent lodges and guides, but that can get expensive.

Good luck. If you find a good place to hunt, let me know.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The WMA's have very short seasons for deer and hog...like 1 week.
come to central fl......this is bullcreek : http://www.wildflorida.org/hunting/w...lCreek-web.pdf

more than a week...way more there are more, i'm sure of it, go to the FWC site and do some reading , you'll find something.....
Old 06-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Most of your bigger wmas have seasons that run close to the same as private land. The smaller wmas are the ones with short seasons.

Quick Reply: Moving to Florida!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.