Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Bayou State Bowhunters?? >

Bayou State Bowhunters??

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Bayou State Bowhunters??

Old 02-13-2002, 01:09 AM

Default Bayou State Bowhunters??

Just wanted to drop a couple lines to see if there are any other Louisiana bowhunters visiting the forums.
I'm from the northwest part of the state,but would like to hear from all of you La. hunters if you come on-line.
Also would like some info on bowhunting clubs and/or organazations in North Louisiana.
Looking forward to hearing from yall if you're out there.
whackman
Old 02-13-2002, 09:30 PM

Default RE: Bayou State Bowhunters??

Hey buddy I hunt in Claiborne Parish my dad is VP of our camp and my uncle is the Pres, I don't think they're looking for new members just yet, but I'll get some info for you. You could at least get on the waiting list or something. There are also two camps around us and I'll see if they're looking for any new members as well.
Old 02-14-2002, 12:35 AM

hey B&H..good to hear from you.I wasn't needing a place to hunt(got that,but appreciate the effort anyway).I just was trying to get some info on any bowhunting club or groups in the area.I live and hunt in Bienville parish,so we're pretty close to each other.There was once an organization that was out of Homer,La.(up in your neck of the woods),but for the life of me,I can't remember the name.I thought it was Bayou State Bowhunters,but I could be wrong.Anyway,it is good to find out that I'm not the only North La. bowhunter visiting these sites.I'll look forward to hearing from you again.
See ya.........whackman
Old 02-14-2002, 09:03 PM

Hows it going whackmaster? Im from South Louisiana myself . Weve got a camp at Toledo Bend near Many and fom what Ive heard, the hunting on the Sabine WMA is pretty good. Have seen a few pictures in the local stores and they kill some very nice bucks.
Old 02-16-2002, 08:58 PM

Hey there spit-n-drum.Good to hear from you .I don't know too much about the Sabine WMA,but I know there is some good habitat in/around Toledo Bend area,so it oughta be great hunting.I live and do most of my hunting in Bienville parish on private land.I've invested alot of time and effort on the place that I and a few others hunt,and we've been pleased over the last few years.I'll watch for future posts from you in the various forums.Leave me a message and let me know how things on going with yall.Talk to you later...whackman
Old 02-21-2002, 09:39 PM

bayou bowhunter i see a lot on trucks a lot i just got a new lease in st james parish 3500 acres only 2 members for this year maybe next year more, got to get a big one first
Old 02-23-2002, 04:21 PM

hey there bennettredneck.Good to hear from another Louisiana hunter!Congrats on yalls new lease.Hope yall have a good year.We have a plot of private land here,of about 1000 acres(of which we can hunt about 1/2).
The good thing is only myself and my next door neighbor are the only ones that hunt religously(every possible day..lol).Drop me a message.let me know how all of yall are doing.We just came outa the woods about 30 mins. ago.See ya later.Take care.
Whackman
Old 03-11-2002, 03:27 AM

Check into the Cenla bowbenders and the BSBA shoots. There are others but these will be a great start. C'ya there.
Old 03-26-2002, 03:43 PM

There is an organization, but I don't know the name. I just hunt with a bow now & then-for deer or boar. Mostly in taylortown/Elm Grove or Bodcau. the sign out at Loggy Bayou during duck season was the best I've seen in a couple of years but it was too late to hunt deer.