Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 What happened to Southern Hospitality ? >

What happened to Southern Hospitality ?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

What happened to Southern Hospitality ?

Old 02-07-2004, 09:49 AM

Default RE: What happened to Southern Hospitality ?

.358 I feel your anguish also, being I live in East Texas and joined the texasbowhunters.com forum and got the same treatment as you, it seem more like southern hospitality went out with bell bottom jeans. I was raised here as a kid and moved away to see the country for myself at the age of 17 and returned to Texas at the age of 43 and now everyone here treats me like an outsider, wish I could give you the help you are looking for but I'm in the same situation here the lack of funds and few frends that hunt, my solution to the texasbowhunters.com site was to remove myself as a member and go out on my own as it seems no body in any of the many forums I belong to are willing to help a newbe with any vital information I guess if you ain't part of their click you ain't worth messin with so my advise is get a GPS and a DeLorme's Mississippi Atlas & Gazetteer which shows all the public hunting areas in your state and is mapped in GPS grids I did and nolonger need the help or advice of non friendly hunters, I wish I had more helpful information to give but we are in the same boat just different states check out this site for the Atlas www.delorme.com they run in the price range of about $20.00 dollars but worth every penny, good luck and god be with you.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you Chief John, some of the guys are trying to help. But, as you say people don't seem to like they used too. I'm kind of in the same situation in my own area. Guys I've known all my life who have property or leases won't give you the time of day when it comes to hunting.

I think you said it best of all. If you ever want to come deer or turkey hunting here in Mo. Just drop me a line,I will personally take you to some decen't places and hunt with you. (no charge)
Old 02-07-2004, 08:52 PM

I looked at bowsite.com and didn't see where you asked anyone like I suggested. Did I overlook it? I feel your pain too. I've had frequent moves to locations where I knew no one and never had anyone roll the carpet out for me either. Maybe those folks who you talked to in the past gave someone else good info to a "friend". And that "friend" took it upon hisself to invite his friends etc, and the whole area ended ful of hunters. That's how the secret stays a secret.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:04 AM

.358 thanx for the invite dude, now see thats southern hospitality at its finest, I appreciate the invite but the problem would be the way too expensive out of state tag fees but I will surely keep you in mind if I happen to win the Lottery or when my Lawyer finally decides to settle my accident case whichever comes first. oh and by the way thats Chef as in (cook) went to CIA for 7 years to earn that title, moved back here to Texas and opened a Restaurant and 4 months into business got run over by some idiot in a big truck as he ran a red light while I was making my turn just a mile from home after closing the Restaurant for the evening but at least I'm alive and getting better. I'm strictly a bow hunter though as I feel it's only fair for the animals if you can get close enough to get a clean shot just can't stand the thought of killing something from a hundred yards or more and them not have a fair shake, I'm big time into stalking my prey as was done in the old days. but thats just me I have nothing against hunters that feel better using a rifle or shotgun it's just not my style. I'm just at the point now where as I can pull my bow back and hold it for a shot so this comming season I'll be in the woods for sure. again thanks for the invite and I extend the same to you as well if you can afford the fees I think they run around 300 bucks for and out of state license and I think they are only good for a week so let me do my work here in the woods and when I find a nice honey hole I'll be sure to holler at you and gladly share the info with you here's my e-mail if you ever just wanna shoot the breeze and maybe share some ideas and/or tecniques for hunting deer and hogs. e-mail me [email protected]
and sorry for the mix up I thought you said you were in Mississippi but your invit is to Missouri is it not? anyways maybe well get to hook up for a hunt or two or more if all goes well just have to play it by ear good luck and God bless.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:29 AM

There are some mighty fine public hunting in MS. Most of it is the south delta. Yazoo and Delta National . Unless you know someone that hunts there or got a week or two to hunt to scout you'll be chasing your tail because they are crowded as fleas on a dogs...