New Va Group Hopefully!!!!!! >

New Va Group Hopefully!!!!!!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

New Va Group Hopefully!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Va Group Hopefully!!!!!!

Its that time of year again... season is over for most of us , except for the lucky ones among us who have a place to hunt where they can participate in the Urban Archery Season!! For thos of us who dont have that luck we are left with small game and waterfowl for a couple more weeks. I do not know about you all but I am already starting to go stir crazy and drool at the thought of next season.
If you remember my post I made in here awhile back, it was Friends in Va or something close. Anyway I made a comment about looking for some leases of land for next year and there were a few of you that showed interest in it. Well I am going to be starting that project this weekend. I have some places already in mind to try to get into. Some I have hunted before with pretty good luck, and some I havent but the area around them is known to be pretty good. So I figure I would start with them and work from there.
I am going to try to get leases on a few different places. I will be looking first in the following areas : King George, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Caroline Counties. I will see what I come up with there and look outward if needed (Westmoreland, Essex, Loudon Etc...)
I am interested in seeing who all would be interested in forming a group or club how ever you wish to word it. If you are interested then let me know, I would like to know if these areas would interest you or do you have other areas in mind. I would also like to know if you want to keep it strictly bowhunting or follow the seasons or??? I am very open to any and all ideas on this. I feel that if we start early and everyone has an input and ideas are gone over by everyone this could be a awsome thing!!!! ALso if you know of any land that we might be able to rent then by all means lets talk.. I would love a mix of some farm land and some hardwoods and some swamp land to be able to change the style of hunting during the season and not be stuck in a swamp or in a farm (not that that would be a bad thing lol) all season. The wonderful thing about the area is that you can have all that either on one lease or several.
Please feel free to throw your hat into the ring and lets see what we can do with this..PLease voice any and all input both positive or negative so that we can work this out and get something going!! I was going to try to keep it a reasonable size group.. I already have me and my parents(yes mom hunts too!!!) and my brother, and probably a few friends.. depending on where it is. This would be a open invitation to all.. male and female... young and old..
One thing I would like to do is anyone with younger childeren who are teaching them to hunt or just want to bring them. they would be free ( the child) this would not be restrcited to actual childeren that are yours.. say you have a neighborhood kid or a nephew who wants ot hunt and no one to take them.. they would be the same.. I am for anything to get our youth hunting!!!

Sorry so long winded but figured I would lay this out there and see if we can run with it!!! I hope to hear from a good amount of you here in VA..

Justin

ps Taz I KNOW you will be one of the first to want in on this!!!! lol
Old 01-13-2004, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New Va Group Hopefully!!!!!!

hmmmm.. no one is interested??? I could have sworn there were some of you back during early season who showed an interest in this... just curious
Old 01-13-2004, 08:01 AM

It sounds like you have a good idea. Too bad you're located so far from where I live. I still might be able to join up if I can talk the wife into it You're idea to encourage kids to hunt would be a big selling point on her. I 've been looking at joining a club for a number of years. I'm growing more tired of hunting public land every year. In general, I would prefer a club that follows the seasons and supports QDM. If a few different properties can be leased then a property could be designated bow only or muzzleloader only or follow season.

How many acres are you currently thinking of leasing?
How many different properties?
The maximum number of hunters that you're considering?
And of course the big question. Cost. Do you have a estimate or limit per person that you don't want to exceed?
Old 01-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey there... I'm down here in Richmond, but let me tell you straight up:

I WANT IN!!!!!

Whatever it is, whoever is in charge, what amount $$$$ it costs, doesn't matter. I WANT IN!!!!

See, I got totally SKUNKED this year!! My season s*cked so bad, I was actually kind of thinking of saying "$*#& IT", and hocking all my stuff on Ebay. [] That's how disgusted and disappointed I got. Thank God, my wife talked me out of it and told me not to give up.

Butch
Old 01-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

The idea appeals to me, but the distance from me is a limiting factor.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Don't give up Butch. I usually manage to get atleast one deer every year. This year I got three and passed on quite a few more. Next year we are going to team up and I am going to see to it that you get your deer!!!
Old 01-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowhuntr09

Don't give up Butch. I usually manage to get atleast one deer every year. This year I got three and passed on quite a few more. Next year we are going to team up and I am going to see to it that you get your deer!!!
Yeah!!! Thank you! [8D]

Butch
Old 01-13-2004, 09:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm always open to connecting with local hunters, but land seems to be the largest problem from my perspective. I've been looking all over the Internet, but the majority of ads are lease-wanted. If someone can locate some decent land (I like the farm, timber, swamp mixture idea), I'd be willing to seriously consider co-signing a lease.

Even if we didn't do something along those lines, it's still nice to meet informally and shoot the breeze.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

I am intrested too, although I am still hunting in Fairfax County until March. ~Ben
Old 01-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

OK all... like I stated earlier I am going to get started this coming weekend!! I already have a few places I am looking at. I figured the way I would go about it is line some places up that we might have the chance to lease and then get with everyoen and pick a day when most if not all of us could go out and look it over together... If that doesnt work out I will use my judgement. I am going to be trying to places where we will be able to keep a long term lease.. that way we dont lease it for a year or two and loose it.. This way we can work on QDM.

As far as the questions that I am sure you all are wondering and that Popeye asked.. as far as the amount of land I am going to try to get a good amount depending upon what quality it is and what price it is coming down to for the land. I would like to try to get two or three leases once again it will depend on the quality of the land and prices. I feel that with a few idfferent we can use different QDM on each and like was mentioned by someone.. maybe one for bow only. As far as the number of memebers I would like enough where everyone is not paying a mint but not soo many that we cant enjoy it. That way we might be able to bring a guest in if a memeber wanted and not worry about crowding.. The BIg one $$$ well I am going to try to keep it very fair.. and I am one of those that feels everyone (except the young uns) should pay. That includes the president or the one doing the leg work or how ever you want to look at it. But keep in mind good land is not like it use to be even a few years ago it has gotten into a you have to pay to play most of the time.. but I have some thigns I am going to work on.. like helping farmers in exchange for leases etc....

I see a few are saying its a little far away.. like I said I am open to looking in other areas as well. DOwn toward Doswell up in northern Va.. down the northern neck... any ideas I am open......

Quick Reply: New Va Group Hopefully!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.