Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Poor deer movement in ARK this weekend? >

Poor deer movement in ARK this weekend?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Poor deer movement in ARK this weekend?

Old 11-12-2003, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default Poor deer movement in ARK this weekend?

Was it just me, or did anybody else in ARK not see much deer movement during daylight hours this past weekend? Saw NOTHING on Sat....then there was some movement early on Sun, but that stopped by 9:00 AM, and then we saw nothing for the next two days. But they were moving a lot before sun-up and after sun-down...we had one come within 50 yards of our camp at 3:00 AM and snorted and stomped and blew at us for probably 15 minutes. Full moon was so bright you could have hunted easily at night...they just fed and rutted all night I guess.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Poor deer movement in ARK this weekend?

Scrider, I heard of a lot of deer getting killed this past weekend...of course, most were young 1-1 1/2 year old bucks, but a few good ones got killed too.

I think that the cool weather helped them out some...but the full moon sure didn' t, maybe this weekend will be better...good luck...
Old 11-12-2003, 07:11 PM

Nearly everyone in our camp saw deer everytime we went to the stand. This is a first for us. Mainly does,yearlings and spikes. I posted a good buck my uncle killed on Sunday. My brother has been off all week and in south AR at his lease they have killed 12 bucks ranging from 10 to 6 pts. This has been a much better year for us. Maybe with the cold front coming through it will get the deer moving for ya.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:17 AM

It sounded like the opening morning of dove season to me saturday morning. We saw deer all day long, but the majority were seen betwwen 11:00a.m. and 3.m. My dad saw two seven points and I saw a button buck, a 3 point, and a nice 8 point,not to mention a lot of does. I will be thrilled if the upcoming weekend is half as good as last weelend. Well I' m off to the woods this morning but Good Luck this weekend to all of you!
Old 11-13-2003, 07:07 AM

New member/poster here. Just found this website/board last week. I' ve enjoyed reading it. Looking forward to talking with other hunters.

I' m hunting on priviate ground next to the White River refuge by my home in Clarendon...several decent bucks and a couple wallhangers killed in the area over the weekend, however I didn' t fire a shot. I had same problem as scrider1. Most of the deer I saw were on the river banks before daylight and also while I was walking to and from my stand. The deer were really moving at night in my area. Sunday morning I had a button buck bed down in a thicket and sleep for two hours about 25 yards away from me. I' m glad I didn' t shoot her because Monday I found several fresh scrapes and rubs next to my corn feeder and stand that weren' t there Sunday. I can' t wait for the weekend to get here. Wish me luck!
Old 11-13-2003, 09:35 AM

On man i saw deer all the time! i was sitting outside my camper eating and a spike walked to our pond and had a drink.
saw four bucks none i wanted but saw them.
one kid killed a 8 pt at 12:45 while everyone was eating lunch.

No shortage here!

If i had to guess how many i saw oh 100+!
mostly yearlings and does but deer.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks, guys. You' ve confirmed what I feared might have been wrong at our place. It wasnt poor deer movement in AR...it was poor deer movement on my place. I harvested a couple of nice deer at the top end of our property two years in a row and all of a sudden everybody wants to hunt in my back pocket...too many people in too small an area...plus one of the guys went joy riding a couple of times all over the place on a 4 wheeler, which I' m sure didnt help things either. Luckily, the offenders are usually done with hunting after opening weekend. I' ll be back out there this weekend to see if things have improved.
Thanks again,
SC in LR
Old 11-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let us know how you do this weekend, I to will be heading out in the woods after the deer...good luck to you all...
Old 11-17-2003, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I hunted from noon til dark-thirty again of Fri and saw no deer. It was a quiet, still day and I could hear for a mile though, and I could hear deer movement. Heard a couple of distant grunts too. I grunted back but got no response. Then the activity really got started after dark. Spooked a couple of deer on my way out of the woods. Hunted with my son (age 7) on Sat, but I was not expecting to have much success anyway..he will stay on stand for an hour at a time at the most--plus he tends to move too much, talk too much and kick the floor of the stand too much! Hoping for improvement in my luck later this month or in Dec.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:51 AM

I hunted Sat and Sun....I saw 12 deer and the club killed about 10 bucks....all average 8 points.

Quick Reply: Poor deer movement in ARK this weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.