Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
VIRGINIA: SB8 (Sunday Hunting - everywhere, public lands, etc... for everyone!) >

VIRGINIA: SB8 (Sunday Hunting - everywhere, public lands, etc... for everyone!)

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VIRGINIA: SB8 (Sunday Hunting - everywhere, public lands, etc... for everyone!)

Old 03-20-2022, 04:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default VIRGINIA: SB8 (Sunday Hunting - everywhere, public lands, etc... for everyone!)

Anyone follow the latest Senate Bill 8? To my absolute surprise, amazement, and even shock.... It actually made it out of committee, read and re-read a 2nd time, and voted on...
AND IT PASSED THE SENATE (29-11) PASSED THE HOUSE (69-28) AND SIGNED OFF
NOW IT JUST AWAITS GOV YOUNGKIN'S SIGNATURE!!

LIS > Bill Tracking > SB8 > 2022 session (virginia.gov)
Old 03-20-2022, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Spent more than half of my Navy career in VA. I never understood the ban on Sunday hunting. Deer have no idea what day of the week it is. Made it really hard to do weekend hunts when I was in a 4 section duty rotation on the ships. I will never hunt VA again but for the sake of those that do I hope this makes it all the way through. Hold overs from the old Blue Laws (which is what this was) need to go away.
Old 03-21-2022, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

I was very happy when the law passed a while back that allowed Sunday hunting on private land, but honestly with some of the public land, especially those WMAs near populated areas, I can see the argument for keeping one day out of the weekend to be no hunting. A fair amount of these areas are multi-use and even as a hunter myself, I won't go near some tracts on a Saturday because they are a shooting gallery for knuckleads. The last time I did, I was sitting in what I thought was a decent area at the base of a tree. I saw some movement and took a look with my binocs. Turns out it was another hunter and he was looking at me. Through his rifle scope.

Many Virginia counties have a muzzleloader/general firearms season that runs about two months.
Old 03-29-2022, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

Most public land also has other restrictions and only allow quota hunts. Hope it gets signed by the Governor.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

UPDATE... UPDATE.... GOV YOUNGKIN JUST SIGNED IT INTO LAW TODAY 4/5/22!!!
VIRGINIA NOW HAS FULLY AUTHORIZED SUNDAY HUNTING... EVERYWHERE...