VA-Where are we seein' um? >

VA-Where are we seein' um?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA-Where are we seein' um?

Old 11-05-2003, 11:37 AM
Spike

Default VA-Where are we seein' um?

Getin ready for Sat-west of the Blue Ridge. The mast up here in the NVA has been poor-plenty of Beech nuts on the ground, no acorns I can see. Seems Taz and everyone else in central VA are seein deer everywhere-Are we seeing um un the woods, or in the fields?
Old 11-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: VA-Where are we seein' um?

I saw two bucks, killed a 8 pointer and it was on monday evening in the hot 80' s, he was walking right in the swamp, right through the water, I think they are laying low trying to keep cool
Old 11-05-2003, 02:58 PM

I' m West of the Blue Ridge also. Seeing plenty of does, but no bucks or even signs of bucks, but then again I don' t mind harvesting a couple does this year.

Thunder
Old 11-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Lets see I will start from the beging lol.

First evening of bow season.. I let a huge 8 walk around feeding under my stand for 10 minutes. I was watching a huge (even bigger) buck with drop tines work his way the same way that the 8 did, but he turned when he caught wind of the two does that were 80 yards away. I should have shot the 8.. but of course by then he was out of range.[:-]

Second day of bowhunting I shot a huge bodied spike 6 to 8 inch spikes but a huge body. A very big bodied deer for this part of the state. I shot him right at dark and had an awsome blood trail. Went to the truck to call for my brother and it started pouring. After 8 of us spent from dawn to dusk looking I never found him

After that a I saw does every time and a few small bucks but all out of range. But it doesnt much matter as some butt head stole it and my backpack of all my gear out of my truck[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Opening day of black powder I saw a doe and another deer I think was a buck but could not tell, it would not come out of the cutovers and it was almost dark. After finding her stand had been tampered with after she climbed to the top of the ladder amd the stand shifting. She got down and called dad who re-attached it and fixed the staps that were cut and the burlap around it. We are pretty sure who did it but cant prove it yet, but we are working on it. She ended up seeing two small bucks but out of range in the thickets. Dad saw one buck but he never presented a shot. My brother had two does run past him, for some reason they were spooked. He never had a chance to get a shot on them since he was expecting them.[:-]

Monday dad shot a nice 8 and mom saw her same two bucks but no shot.

Tuesday morning I saw a doe but no decent shot.

Hopefully tomorrow and Friday and Saturday I will be able to turn my luck around with the cold weather.

SO that makes.. one , two , three.. well a couple of deer sa far

By the way these were all a chunck of land in King George County that is actually beside a new neighborhood. I was not happy when they started putting it in two years ago but I htink I have to say I am happy so far as they have pushed alot of deer over on to us. The other good thing is they are all big lots.. 5 to 20 acres so not alot of houses! WHo knows maybe they will need someone to help then with the shrub eaters

Old 11-06-2003, 04:30 AM
Fork Horn

I' ve been seeing them all over and plenty of them. I have already harvested three does and a 165lb 8 pointer. I have seen deer every time I have been out, and that is about 3-4 times a week. It has been entirely to hot to be hunting lately. I have only hunt one time during ML season and that was monday. I slipped up to THE HILL and got set up. I had a shot on at least 17 different deer. They were all walking through the creek bottom and swamp. They need to stay cool as well. I didn' t shoot because it was to hot to mess with. I am headed to Highland county for the week of ML. Hopefully the weather will change and we can take our monsters up in GODs Country
Old 11-06-2003, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well I have been seeing quite a few deer, the problem has been the majority of them were seen were after it was to dark to shoot or they were out of range. This hot weather has really screwed things up for me, I wish I had some swamp or bottomland to hunt, with the heat I feel that is about the only place you will see them during shooting hours. I sure hope we get a cold snap soon. I saw 3-4 times the amount of deer last year than I have seen this year.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear you Taz.....

Buddies of mine at work (the real early morning crowd in the shop - 5:30am) have said that they are only seeing a few suburban does in the early morning. The heat has really messed things up! [:' (] We need to pray for a cold snap to get the deer moving.

Butch
Old 11-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

ive shot 5 so far- got a fat 5 pt yesterday(dressed 131lbs) morning in loudoun co. it was so humid yesterday that after dragging the buck for 250 yards, my leather wallet and dollar bills were soaking wet from my sweat. i was miserable riding home. a buddy of mine got a nice 18" 89 pt on monday afternnon in the heat(82 degrees). i hunted in fauquier monday morning and it was sauna. hopefully this cold snap will get deer moving soon.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

I killed an 8 pointer Tuesday morning. seeing most of the deer in open fields. Man is it hot. It was 76* here in southern part of VA when I killed the deer. Ill be glad when it cools off![8D]
Old 11-06-2003, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can not believe how hot it is. Here in Hampton, Southeast VA, it is right at 80. I sure hope next Sat. that iT is cooler. Where I hunt in Southhampton we are seeing alot of deer, in field in the woods, every where.

Quick Reply: VA-Where are we seein' um?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.