Question mostly for women >

Question mostly for women

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Question mostly for women

Old 08-26-2019, 08:41 AM
Spike

Default Question mostly for women

I started dating a woman that I enjoy being around. She is a hunter. She grew up hunting and fishing. She owns guns. She is the oldest and her dad owns a taxedermy shop. I have been hunting. I'm from Texas. I own one pistol. I have a carry license. It's our third date. I'm taking her to the gun range. How do I make it special for her?

I've never bagged anything. Been 20 years since I went hunting. We live in a big city in Texas. She has trophies on her walls.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by FortWothiness; 08-26-2019 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 08-26-2019, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

first off welcome to the site next is befor I would really plan any range time I would get to know more information about WHAT she likes to shoot
does she like shotguns(sporting clays, skeet, trap shooting)
does she like long range, rifle, small bore rifles< or is hand guns her things, and if so what TYPE< semi's , revolvers,
cowboy like shooting, or actions, like shooting in matches, or more one on one type of private time at small ranges!

ALL this can make or break a range date IMO
so, knowing what and where and HOW she likes to shgoot, might make it a LOT easier to put together a FUN day at a shooting range

NOT Knowing the ways she enjoys shooting, might make for not so comfortable times for both of you!
I will add this,
I had a gun shop sold a TON of guns to females
MOST all girls that were into GUNS< and NOT just owning one and hunting a few time a yr like
ALL loved going to a range where you could rent/try full auto's, be them Mac 10's, (smaller guns)
with suppressors(makes them easier to handle for them)
or like guns,
just being suppressed one's and or more exotic one's they never had a chance to shoot before!

Indoor ranges can also be more fun, if its WAY hot outside! IMO

but there is more to taking a hunter shooting, than just going to a range and hoping for the best!

exploding targets are fun too, IF she is into that!
Old 08-26-2019, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

It sounds like you should let her take you to the range. And not be intimidated by that.

Don't try to impress her in her area of expertise. Let her be the expert.

And you do whatever you're good at.

-Jake
Old 08-27-2019, 08:56 AM
Spike

Default Tha

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
It sounds like you should let her take you to the range. And not be intimidated by that.

-Jake
Thanks. Good advice. This helps. :-)

Thanks!!
Old 08-27-2019, 08:56 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mrbb
first off welcome to the site next is befor I would really plan any range time I would get to know more information about WHAT she likes to shoot
does she like shotguns(sporting clays, skeet, trap shooting)
does she like long range, rifle, small bore rifles< or is hand guns her things, and if so what TYPE< semi's , revolvers,
cowboy like shooting, or actions, like shooting in matches, or more one on one type of private time at small ranges!

ALL this can make or break a range date IMO
so, knowing what and where and HOW she likes to shgoot, might make it a LOT easier to put together a FUN day at a shooting range

NOT Knowing the ways she enjoys shooting, might make for not so comfortable times for both of you!
I will add this,
I had a gun shop sold a TON of guns to females
MOST all girls that were into GUNS< and NOT just owning one and hunting a few time a yr like
ALL loved going to a range where you could rent/try full auto's, be them Mac 10's, (smaller guns)
with suppressors(makes them easier to handle for them)
or like guns,
just being suppressed one's and or more exotic one's they never had a chance to shoot before!

Indoor ranges can also be more fun, if its WAY hot outside! IMO

but there is more to taking a hunter shooting, than just going to a range and hoping for the best!

exploding targets are fun too, IF she is into that!

Thank you!

You know your stuff. I'm excited. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala

-Jake
I'm with Jake. Say I'll swap you a good meal for some lessons. The road to a fruitful relationship with most women journies through good food.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

here, take her here, and let her drive a tank and shoot some real fire power LOL

https://www.oxhuntingranch.com/activ...-gun-shooting/

or this, heck, who wouldn;t want to fly about in a helicopter and shoot machine guns at targets LOL
might need some deep pockets to , but sure sounds like a fin day to me

https://www.helibacon.com/aerial-hel...ine-gun-range/

Last edited by mrbb; 08-28-2019 at 09:01 AM.