Public Land OK Hunt >

Public Land OK Hunt

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Public Land OK Hunt

Old 09-30-2018, 08:03 AM
Spike

Default Public Land OK Hunt

Hoping to find some information for a DIY public land Northeast Oklahoma Archery Hunt in January. It will be my first out of state hunt. I'm a MI hunter with very little private land and I'm looking for a new adventure in a less pressured area. We will be staying near Pawhuska so I was leaning towards the Osage public land area's but would be willing to travel a little further. Any info would be greatly appreciated! So far I've considered bringing a boat to get into some less pressured area's, and I know during January the food sources should be a prime spot to intercept a buck. Any info on food sources or really anything else will be a great help. I doubt I'll be able to scout prior to the trip do to the distance and work so most likely will be scouting as much as possible with maps and then spending the first day or two locating a few spots to hang and hunt. I'll also be bringing a pop up blind as well.. Thank you!
Old 10-02-2018, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Osage County use to be the best county in the state for large bucks and still ranks very high up there. Spavinaw is another area I have heard good things about. I normally do most of my hunting in the Central and NW part of the state so not too much help with the NE side. There will be some good Spoonbill fishing there though in the spring
Old 10-07-2018, 03:56 AM
Spike

Ok I appreciate it!