Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 New Outdoor Show >

New Outdoor Show

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

New Outdoor Show

Old 10-20-2003, 08:06 PM

Default New Outdoor Show

How do I go about getting major sponsors for a television show? Do I need to give demo tape of their outdoor product?,give demo of show? Please give me some feedback. Thanks, Brian Harford
Old 10-20-2003, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Outdoor Show

Brian, I know a few different guys personally who have successful hunting shows on the Outdoor Channel. I have watched them struggle for years pumping thousands of dollars a year into their shows trying to keep afloat. Then finally, slowly once they' ve paid their dues, so to speak, the bigger named sponsors come around. Then they start paying all the bills and having a little left over but not enough to make it worth it for me to consider.lol

I say all of that to say this, if I there was an easy answer to your question and I knew it, I' d be rich.

All kidding aside my dad has been in the hunting/outdoor industry for 25 yrs and knows all the " players" and it' s just a tough row to hoe to get where you want to be. I' m NOT trying to dishearten you or shoot you down at all. Get out there and beat the bushes making cold calls, in person if necessary to outdoor and hunting products and show them what you have to offer them. Offer to take a few better known named products and give them free ads on your show. You can then use those bigger named products to attract other paying sponsors. That' s an old trick but it works. Good luck!!