South Carolina Hunters? >

South Carolina Hunters?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

South Carolina Hunters?

Old 12-12-2003, 06:38 PM

Default RE: South Carolina Hunters?

Whitty,
I know the feeling. I also lost a tree at a great spot I hunted at Keowee...I'm thinking about going in the morning...haven't been in 2 weeks b/c of projects and exams...all done as of today! Hopefully this cool weather will have them moving
Will
Old 12-14-2003, 10:44 PM

Bow Hunter from Summerville, SC. Hunt mostly in Orangeburg SC.

One 8 point on November 8. Thats it so far.

By the way, I am new also.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:00 AM

HUNTED FANTS GROVE MON AND TUES. NO LUCK. THERE WAS A FEW NICE DEER SHOT IN OTHER AREAS.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:52 AM

I've lived in the Charleston area all my life. Grew up in Awendaw and hunted all over the tri county area. Now I live in Berkeley County, but I still dog hunt the National Forest in the area quite often. Most of my still hunting is done around my house on family land. I can tell you pretty much anything you want to know about the gov't land around here & point you to a few decent clubs in the area as well.
Old 12-18-2003, 03:18 AM

Hello guys. I mostly lurk but I am up here in oconee. Avid bowhunter but not so much this year.(health problems) OLD FART. Maybe next year will be better for me and some of you guys could get up here and go on a hunt with me. I have a small farm that just myself and my son bowhunt. good huntin, Don
Old 12-18-2003, 09:08 PM

dbolt,

I'd come on up and hunt with you. I live near Mauldin/Greenville and only bowhunt. I'm hoping to get a snow on the hills near Lake Jocassee in January. I'll do some scouting for next season, pop some squirrels at the same time, and enjoy the scenery!
Old 12-18-2003, 09:27 PM

Hey Doghunter,

I've never hunted the government property. How do I go about bow hunting there? I would like to get educated on the matter for next season. How about some clubs around the tri-county area? Not for dog hunting, but stand hunting. Any help would be great.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:42 AM

It's not that hard to hunt the Government woods. The best thing I would suggest is get a map of the Francis Marion & study it then get in your truck and scout out some spots. Just check the rule book before going out because if you're caught still hunting when they're open for dogs I'm pretty sure there's a nice fine. I would suggest bow hunting in the Waterhorn unit (between McClellanville & Jamestown off Hwy 45) or the Hell Hole unit (Huger area off Hwy 41). As for still hunting only clubs I'm not familiar with any right around here, most of my still hunting is done on family land near my house.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:12 PM

Jetblast check PM. Don
Old 12-20-2003, 07:40 PM

dbolt,

back at ya!

Quick Reply: South Carolina Hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.