HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   South Carolina Hunters? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/40481-south-carolina-hunters.html)

SCbowhntr 12-03-2003 07:17 AM

RE: South Carolina Hunters?

Hey y'all,
I'm up here in Easley but originally from Sumter. Mostly bowhunt up here at Fant's Grove near Clemson. Anyone else from this area that bowhunts? I killed 2 at Fant's Grove last year but as of yet haven't been successful this year. Saw 2 nice bucks but both were out of range[:'(]. Hope y'all have good luck. Will

04tundra 12-03-2003 07:07 PM

hey SCbowhuntr,

I've been to FG a couple times this year. Let a doe and young'n walk the 1st trip and saw one way off the next. I enjoy it there! I live near Mauldin.

SCbowhntr 12-04-2003 07:10 AM

Tundra,
Went yesterday afternoon saw 2 does too far for a shot...can't seem to be in the right place...hopefully will connect before season's out.
will

GERT 12-05-2003 01:57 PM

HEY SC BOWHUNTER I GOT DRAWN FOR A HUNT AT FANTS GROVE DEC.15 &16 SECTION A WHICH IS NEXT TO THE HOG FARMS. DO YOU KNOW ANY GOOD PLACES?

SCbowhntr 12-06-2003 12:50 PM

Gert,
Know the area but haven't scouted any this year...Sorry can't be of more help. I'll try to ask around here at Clemson to see if anyone has any more info...Good luck

Splattman 12-07-2003 08:07 PM

Hello everyone. Just joined today. I live at Lake Bowen and missed the season this year. Looking forward to getting to know as many people as possible.
Splattman

SCbowhntr 12-10-2003 09:40 AM

Gert,
Haven't run into anyone that hunts that area...I would try to get over there soon and try some scouting...other than that good luck.

whitty 12-11-2003 10:35 AM

Pig farm is a pretty good area. Lots of good hardwoods back towards the railroad tracks. Pasture's on the other side of the railroad tracks that the deer should be feeding in right now, but the the tracks are the boundry. Esp. with a rifle, I would sit there b/c they cross back and forth pretty heavy.
Right behind the pig farm is good also, lots of non-shooters were seen this year there.

SCbowhntr 12-11-2003 05:10 PM

Whitty,
Did you bowhunt FG this season? I did some but was not successful...how bout you?

whitty 12-12-2003 08:47 AM

Yeah, I went a couple of times. Not as much as in years past b/c I went on a few trips this year but the times I went I saw deer but no shooters.
Some of my spots I usually hunt were logged out this year, they even took a tree I always climbed!