Hunting Licenses NR

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hunting Licenses NR

Old 12-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Spike

Default Hunting Licenses NR

Hey guys,

So long story short I'm a Texan who has a ranch in Oklahoma, and I'm wondering what kind of licenses are required for me to hunt. Moreover I'm wondering if there is any way for me to be considered a resident of Oklahoma because I own property there. The reason I'm asking is Oklahoma NR hunting licenses are completely ridiculous, it would be around 320 bucks for me to hunt deer on MY OWN ranch. Is there another way around these ridiculous license fees? I really want to abide by the rules, but its a little ridiculous to charge someone upwards of 300 dollars to hunt on his own property.

Any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks!
Old 12-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

The only feedback I can give you is to abide by the law and that is that just owning property in OK doesn't give you the right to buy a resident hunting license of any type. Most states are that way and only have an allowance for those that are active military stationed in the state. You'll just have to pay the piper if you want to hunt in OK and if you try to get around the law and get caught you could lose your hunting privileges in the 48 states that are in the Wildlife Violator Compact, so it's not worth it to try and get around the existing laws. The OK game booklet is very specific on their requirements, as well as licenses needed and their cost.