Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Hunting in Texas... hows it work? >

Hunting in Texas... hows it work?

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hunting in Texas... hows it work?

Old 11-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting in Texas... hows it work?

So Im a lifelong NYer and thinking about moving to the Austin area in the future, from the research Ive done, besides the heat, I think TX living would suite me much better than NY. (Job, politics, economy) The only thing I really like about s.NY is the hunting, plenty of game and free places to hunt. so how does it work in TX, particular near Austin? Is there good public land available to hunt or do you have to pay for a lease or an outfitter? Ive checked out leases they seem pretty steep and far away from civilization. How to do you Txns find land to hunt? Thanks in advance
Old 11-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Texas does maintain a large number of public hunting areas in the state. You can contact the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department at www.tpwd.state.tx.us and they will send you a Regulation book that provides a world of information about hunting and fishing in Texas. A large percentage of Texas hunters utilize private leases that range in size from a few acres to 50,000 acres or more. Numerous landowners offer day hunts etc. hit the internet for "Texas Deer Leases" ot Texas Whitetail Leases etc and you will find a world of info. There are also several paid lease finders that maintain lists of avaiable properties. Check other sections of this Forum as well. Lease prices vary greatly depending on location, size, quality of game in the area. ammenities available, such as water, power, etc. Good luck.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

^^^THANK YOU