VA Sunday Hunting Question >

VA Sunday Hunting Question

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA Sunday Hunting Question

Old 03-29-2014, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default VA Sunday Hunting Question

In light of the recently passed Sunday hunting in VA, will the 2014 spring season allow for Sunday hunting?

Thanks
Old 03-29-2014, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

contact the VA agencies , they have the answer
Old 03-30-2014, 03:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I read the bill right, I believe if goes into effect JULY of 2014, so you won't be able to go after spring gobblers on Sunday until next year. But this coming waterfowl and deer season is going to be awesome!

Here ya go!
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting...ng-on-sundays/
Old 03-30-2014, 03:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ButchA
If I read the bill right, I believe if goes into effect JULY of 2014, so you won't be able to go after spring gobblers on Sunday until next year. But this coming waterfowl and deer season is going to be awesome!
Only if you have access to private land that the owner will allow Sunday hunting on. If you are one of the hundreds of thousands of hunters that hunt state or federal land then you're still screwed.

While the lifting of the ban is a good start, until it is lifted statewide it doesn't go far enough. A Sunday hunting ban of any sort is utter B.S. and should never have been allowed to be implemented in the first place. There is no sound biological reason why shooting a deer at dusk on Saturday evening on National Forest is good but shooting that same deer 10 hrs later at daybreak on Sunday is bad. Pure idiocy!
Old 03-30-2014, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

those who choose to hunt on sunday should be allowed to do so, I chose not too when wv voted it in for awhile years ago, simply out of respect for my elders in the area and the way I was raised.
But when wv voted to allow it it was with many stipulations that had it pretty confusing so you wasn't sure what you could do, you could only hunt on sunday if there was not another hunting season opening on Monday or the preceding sat., now our seasons then ran like this
first Saturday in October was squirrel season opener
the next Saturday was bow season
the next Saturday was fall turkey season
no season came in the next Saturday so you could hunt that sunday
the following Monday was 2 weeks of buck season so you could hunt another sunday
then doe season/bear season
the next Monday was muzzleloader deer season
this isn't counting the various migratory bird seasons but there were at least 2 that opened late fall so all in all I think 2-3 sundays were all you could hunt, it was voted out since most folks were confused about when they could hunt on sundays.
RR
Old 03-31-2014, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by redmag
In light of the recently passed Sunday hunting in VA, will the 2014 spring season allow for Sunday hunting?
Thanks
redmag... unfortunately no. The law comes into effect after the Spring Turkey Season is over, July 1st.

I always get a kick out of the responces that tell you to "contact the state agencies". Definately NOT a helpful answer.