Virginia Hunters >

Virginia Hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Hunters

Old 11-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default Virginia Hunters

How's the hunting going? I didn't want to just limit my question to something as specific as Quantico. It's been a little slow on here for Va Hunters this year. Did everyone jump ship or is it really that much of a lackluster season? Good luck the rest of the season if so.

VA
Old 11-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slowest year I have ever had. Been deer hunting since the 80's and have never seen a year like this one.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

About the same here in southwest VA very slow and the rut is very late we are just now in the last couple days seeing rubs on the trees.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot a small spike and a doe so far. The boys on the lease started running dogs on opening day so I'll see how that makes the deer act. Been seeing lots of deer though. My first day in the woods this year was Veterans Day and I saw 3 does and 3 MONSTERS! But they were all out of ML range so I couldn't get a shot. But I have seen deer every day I've been out this year.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Spike

Here is southwest Virginia it has been slow for me. I've hunted 10 days (most just morning, but a couple all day sits) and I've only seen 3 does. In the last 4 or 5 days I haven't even seen a deer. I've been hunting 15 years and I've never seen it like this.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't hunt this year due to being deployed to the Middle East, but all the guys I normally hunt with are not doing too well yet. One of them shot a small buck with a bow but that is all. Strange considering the group normally does really well. But, I'm sure action will pick up before too long.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:42 AM
Fork Horn

It was slow until this past weekend for me. The coming of the full moon and some low temps kicked in the rut in Nova. I took a nice 8 and my young son took a great buck. Mine Friday evening and his Saturday morning. Both following does and from the same stand.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

This has been my best season yet as far as seeing and taking deer are concerned. Buck-wise, not so much. Took a 3pt with big body last Friday. Sat in stand today from 6:00 until about 1:30 and only saw one doe. Being that she was alone I thought SOMEBODY WOULD BE FOLLOWING HER, but it was not the case.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:39 AM
Spike

I took a 2.5 year old 3x2 on Quantico who was chasing 2 doe (opening day).
Last night I sat on a field of doe for 2+ hours, but no bucks. I would think that, if the rut was in full swing, this field would have been an easy target for a charged up buck.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

So far, REALLY slow here in NW Va. I've seen one buck (spike) in November, on 8 sits. Crazy. Hoping it picks up soon...but not real optimistic. Heading to WV next week, maybe it will be better over there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.