Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Lets hear it NC >

Lets hear it NC

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Lets hear it NC

Old 12-10-2003, 06:54 PM

Default RE: Lets hear it NC

the bucks in surry county are hard at it, 2nd week of gun on a saturday i took a nice 6 pt 150lbs, then the following monday when back to the same spot and killed and took a 8 pt with a 20 inch spread at 220lbs, he was a monster, i knew that the little six couldnt be makin at the rubs,

broadside exposes hide, head on live long
Old 12-10-2003, 07:19 PM

heres the 8 pt i took on december 1st, he has a big spot on his neck from fighting or somethin, but nothin the taxidermist cant fix,

Old 12-14-2003, 07:41 AM

Well, I got the big-un yesterday. I have taken a bunch of pictures but haven't gotten them developed yet as soon as I do I will post them. He's a BIG 10 with 19 1/4" inside spread. I was out squirel hunting and carried my .22 and .308. I couldn't lay down the .22 fast enough. I will post with the pics and the full story soon.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:19 PM

Finaly, here he is. My First Big Wall Hanger. Shot him 12/13 in Durham County, NC. 10 Pointer with 19 1/2" inside spread.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:50 AM

goodun smitty

way to make us proud
Old 12-17-2003, 07:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer smitty, i saw him over on ncdeer. I didn't realize you were the same smitty until i seen the pic. alias...Guybo!
Old 12-17-2003, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

Nice looking buck Smitty. Have you ever hunted Hill Forest?
Old 12-17-2003, 07:41 PM

Yes. I have hunted Hill Forest. About 2 years ago. If they would allow rifles, I'm sure I would hunt it more, as would lots of other hunters. Actually, this deer was taken from private land near Hill Forest. Thats about all I can say.

I woke up Saturday morning not feeling like dragging my butt back out to the woods for another half day hunt. So, I decided at the last minute to go squirrel hunting. Well, since deer season is still in, I figured I would tote my .308 along just in case. I went to a little knoll above a swampy bottom that I have had good luck at for the past 2 years. As I sat there, I listened to 2 Tom turkeys argue back and forth. After an hour or so, I noticed a pick-up truck drive into a field below my position. I figured the deer hunting had just been screwed-up and decided to shoot the next squirrel that came into range. After shooting the first one, I waited for 15 minutes or so hopeing to see another one. Then the turkeys started again (I know where I will be mid April). So then I start walking and looking for more squirrels. I shot one more and found myself standing on a high dirt pile overlooking a creek bottom. I stood there for about 10 minutes when I saw this Big Deer trotting down the farm path. When he first came out, I could see him through the woods but I didn't have a clear shot. I waited until he cleared the tree line and then wistled at him. When he stopped dead in his tracks to try and locate me that was the instant that the 150 grain Balistic tip found it's mark. At first I thought I had missed because I saw a cloud of dust fly up behind him. As he turned and ran toward me, I shanked another round into the chamber. When I raised the rifle for the follow up shot, I saw him crash 30 yards from the first shot.

I bet I rode that buck around in the back of the truck for 3 hours showing him off. Thats the first wall hanger I have taken. I have hunted for about 25 years and shot many deer, but thats the first to be mounted.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Harvested this buck Nov. 17th been hunting 14 years this will be 4th buck ever been waiting a long time for something like this. Haven't killed a deer in 3 years but have been hunting just about every day it was legal have let alot of deer walk think it was worth it now. If people would let small bucks walk there would be more like this. Just takes a lot of patience, self control and time. So people please let the little ones walk. There is no telling how many times this buck has walked by me over the years. Dosen't matter if you have 20 acres or 200 if we all practice good management and don't shoot the first thing that jumpes over the fence things can only get better.

Quick Reply: Lets hear it NC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.