Quantico Hunting >

Quantico Hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Quantico Hunting

Old 10-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Quantico Hunting

Quantico seems slow this year the rut is defiantly far off atleast another 2 1/2 weeks away the weather has got a bit warm again and there is not much movement I'm suprised becuase there is not much food in the woods this year and there are not many food plots on Quantico the are there but they seem to be in the October "Lull" stage were they still only move at night and late evening which makes them very hard to hunt.

I hope the bucks start moving in daylight I havent even seen any scrapes or rubs at all or droppings.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:58 AM
Spike

Default Quantico Hunting

I'm totally seeing the same thing, no scrapes or rubs. I've hunted four different TA's. Going to try a again tonight. I'll update this post later.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

I am glad that we are not the only ones experiencing this lull. I have only seen two scrapes so far this season and by this time I generally see quite a lot, especially small buck scrapes. I believe you are right about the rut being a couple weeks off at least. I have had people tell me that they have seen some small bucks chasing, but I have not seen this myself.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Yes I'm sure this week will start the "Pre Rut" phase and of course the younger bucks get excited faster they are young and restless ...Lol it will be about 2 weeks before the big boys start day walking given that we have a cold front expect Nov 9th ish time frame.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

Thats what I am counting on. I have off the 7th, 8th, Sat is the 9th and we have off for the 11th. May get off a couple days after that if I have not scored by then. Good luck!
Old 11-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Spike

Things have been definitely been slow. I have been seeing decent groups of does at a couple of my spots, but not too much with any decent head gear.

Will be out at Quantico next week Wed thru Saturday. Hope to put my tag on something one of those days.

As if Tuesday this past week, there were only 2 bucks on the big buck board. Usually this time of year there are quite a few more. No acorns on Quantico makes it very difficult to say the least!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Spike

Who's going out with the orange army tomorrow? I'm registered for 14B, picking up my pass this afternoon.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by roll_tide
Who's going out with the orange army tomorrow? I'm registered for 14B, picking up my pass this afternoon.

Very good area. One of those that is not open very often. Good luck.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:17 AM
Spike

Any updates on how it went today in Quantico?
Old 11-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Spike

Didn't see much of anything other than a few crossing the road when I was leaving the base...