Green Swamp West, Florida >

Green Swamp West, Florida

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Green Swamp West, Florida

Old 10-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Spike

Default Green Swamp West, Florida

I'm looking to start hunting the Green Swamp West in Florida. I have a hunting license, deer permit, and management area permit. Are there any other permits/license that I need to hunt. Also, does anyone know the deer hunting dates?

Thanks.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

If you were lucky enough to get drawn for Green Swamp West and paid the $100-$125 for the special permit you should be good to go.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

myfwc.com, under the huntin tab will tell u all the dates of every wma
Old 10-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

recon,

Green Swamp West is a special draw permit. You have to pay for a special lottery draw. If you get selected, you will then pay either$100-$150 for the permit. At least that is what I remember. Have not applied for that permit for a few years.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:19 AM
Spike

The drawing takes place in May. The only way to hunt in there is if you have a permit. I applied for the drawing and got lucky. it was my first time, and from what I here feel lucky to get picked.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

As everyone has said ya have to get a special opportunity permit to be able to hunt there, each application fee is $5, ya can put as many entries as ya like and if ya do get drawn ya have to pay $100 on top of however much ya spent on app. fees. I aint sure what FWC would do about someone in there tryin to hunt without a proper permit but Im sure it would not be purty.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:43 AM
Spike

Hey, I am the woods. Have u been out looking around latley in GSW ? I was out there back in July and seen a couple Doe,s and one big hog. There was some old Buck sign here and there just been so busy with work to make back to look around. I will be heading to Illinois in a couple of weeks and trying my luck up there on one of those bruiser's. I have the second Bow pick for GSW and that will only leave me a week when I get back from up north to get ready for that hunt there. Just thoat I would drop you to see whats up.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:56 AM
Spike

I am the woods. Check this bruiser out sent to me from a freind up there in Illinois.
Attached Thumbnails Green Swamp West, Florida-img_2002.jpg  
Old 10-13-2013, 05:04 AM
Spike

Hey, I am the woods. Have u been out looking around latley in GSW ? I was out there back in July and seen a couple Doe,s and one big hog. There was some old Buck sign here and there just been so busy with work to make back to look around. I will be heading to Illinois in a couple of weeks and trying my luck up there on one of those bruiser's. I have the second Bow pick for GSW and that will only leave me a week when I get back from up north to get ready for that hunt there. Just thoat I would drop you a line to see whats up. Needed to correct myself. That is due to spending more time in the woods than school.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Antler King
Hey, I am the woods. Have u been out looking around latley in GSW ? I was out there back in July and seen a couple Doe,s and one big hog. There was some old Buck sign here and there just been so busy with work to make back to look around. I will be heading to Illinois in a couple of weeks and trying my luck up there on one of those bruiser's. I have the second Bow pick for GSW and that will only leave me a week when I get back from up north to get ready for that hunt there. Just thoat I would drop you to see whats up.
I have done a good amount of scoutin in there since July...I have seen a good number of bucks n some buck sign startin to show near the river...if i were bow huntin in there i would setup near the thick areas down by the river or thick oak hammocks...them bigger bucks like beddin/feedin those areas...I dont get to hunt in there til the last gun hunt in feb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.