First Time Female Hunter...Please Help >

First Time Female Hunter...Please Help

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

First Time Female Hunter...Please Help

Old 07-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Spike

Default First Time Female Hunter...Please Help

I am a 33 year old female from NW Georgia. My husband and I are both gun enthusiasts and we own/train with all sorts of firearms. My husband however does not hunt and does not want to learn. I am very interested in learning how to hunt. I was thinking that I would book a guided hunt this season to hunt Whitetail. In my research I am not finding any female deer hunting guides in the Southeast. My preference for my first hunt would be with an experienced female hunter. I am absolutely fine to go along as an observer. I just want to be present for the hunt and field dressing etc. I already have a GA hunting license. I already own a rifle and much of the other gear but would definitely love input on Scent-Lok gear and strategies. I am willing to compensate you for your time and effort. Thanks for any help in pointing me in the right direction.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

If you are on FaceBook add https://www.facebook.com/WomenHuntto I am sure through her you will find someone that hunts in your area.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Contact the Georgia Department of Natural Resources...they should be able to give you advice about services available to you...

The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife has a program called "Becoming an Outdoors Woman" where they teach groups of women the basic skills needed. They may even pair them up with mentor hunters.

My wife hunted with me for years before the birth of our son... You can do this!