Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 New guy from GA >

New guy from GA

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

New guy from GA

Old 09-25-2003, 05:44 AM

Default New guy from GA

Hey everyone. I' m from SE GA. This is my second year hunting and I' m glad to find somewhere that I can communicate and learn from people in my area. Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. If there is anyone here from SE GA/NE FL, drop me a line. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New guy from GA

Welcome to the forums guitarHurricane, I live in North Florida but hunt in SE Ga.Not to far from Waycross.You' ll get allot of good information on this forum.Pull up a chair and stay awhile.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 09-25-2003, 11:05 AM

Thanks RedHawk. I actually work in Waycross. I live in the next town over called Blackshear. I plan on hunting quite a bit in near Waycross (Dixon Memorial WMA and the King Tract). I' m getting very excited about rifle season coming up. I hope to have a bow by next year so I can get in on some bowhunting.

Anyway, I think hunting maybe a good bit better than it was last year. The summer wasn' t quite as hot and we had a lot of good rain. I think the rut should probably peak at about the normal time (November right?). I' m just counting the days man.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:59 PM

Im from southeast Georgia about an hour up from Waycross near Ft. Stewart in hinesville and I go to school at Georgia Southern in statesboro. I hunt Ft. Stewart with bow and gun. My whole family is from that area down there around waycross and hoboken.. and an uncle of mine actually lives on the dirt road right across from Dixon Memorial near Laua S. Walker state park. i' ve never hunted any down there though. You should really get into bowhunting too..youll prolly like it..I got my biggest deer ever last week with bow..heres the pic of that deer. Also, i hear there are some bears in Ware County??? Ive never seen one, have u? Anyways..welcome
Old 09-25-2003, 02:10 PM

Man that' s a great buck!!! I am definately wanting to get into bowhunting. Do you have any recommendations as to what type of bow I should get? I want something that is pretty nice but I don' t want to have to sell my house to get it if you know what I mean. As for the bear, I have never seen any bear but I have heard of a few big ones seen in both Ware and Pierce county.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:59 PM

Well if you are getting into bowhunting I cant think of a better bow to try out than a PSE Nova. I got one when i was 14, grew out of it and got another one and killed a couple of deer with it, now i have a Mathews MQ1. The bow i have now is top of the line...but the price tags are too. The more I got into bow hunting the more i wanted a Mathews. I got the Mathews 4 1/2 yars ago and have had it since..but that PSE was awesome while i had it. You cant beat it for a starter..and the price tag is great. You can get a kit..bow, sights, rest, quiver, everything for 270 or 280 bucks out of redhead or cabelas i think. Its a good one, my dad is still shooting my old one cuz when i got bigger than him i just gave it to him when i got my Mathews. Its good. Bows nowadays run high..you could buy 2 quality rifles for the price of a top of the line bow. Like 6 and 700 bucks for a bear bow alone...no kit. Its crazy. This is a good one to try though, perfect for hunting too.
Old 09-29-2003, 12:45 PM

Man, I' m soo excited. My uncle gave me his old PSE Nova. I have to get it dressed out but I got a bow!!! I went scouting on his land Saturday and there is some killer sign out there. I' m so pumped!! My new climber is awesome and my .270 is ready to go. Now I just need my license and I' ll be good to go.