Good bow shop in Central VA? >

Good bow shop in Central VA?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Good bow shop in Central VA?

Old 12-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good bow shop in Central VA?

Greentop is awesome for firearms and fishing tackle, so I'm assuming they have a great archery department as well. Is that the go-to place in the RVA area? I'm thinking about getting into archery but I'm not willing to travel out of my core area (ha ha) to find the best bow shop on the planet.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
Greentop is awesome for firearms and fishing tackle, so I'm assuming they have a great archery department as well. Is that the go-to place in the RVA area? I'm thinking about getting into archery but I'm not willing to travel out of my core area (ha ha) to find the best bow shop on the planet.
Green Top is your place. They've got a great archery staff in there.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good stuff. Thanks.

Do they have a decent selection of used bows, or do they only deal in new stuff?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would check out several different shops, mainly to get a feel for the different brands. There are a lot of excellent bows out there today and some are from companies that are not as well known as Bowtech, Hoyt, Matthews, and PSE.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Nato not sure where you are located, but in newport news you have Wilcox Bait & Tackle and Tom Wilcox is the man when it comes to archery and he is a matthews dealer. He can get you setup and ready to hunt for a decent price. He isnt going to try to sell you a $1000 bow, he will work with you and a budget if your on one. He will tell you everything you need to know how to get started and will take you upstairs over his shop to shoot the bows and get you started. He is top notch and i wouldnt recommend anyone else. Not sure if your looking for a compound or crossbow but he has it all. Lots of good deals on the hampton roads craigslist right now also for crossbows, just picked up a horton for my 8yr old son for $150 and its ready to hunt. For a good compound and a budget bow i would look at the mission bows, they are made by matthews and are really nice. Tom will take care of you, its worth the drive. i have been in his shop and have seen people come from a few hours away to several hours away just to deal with him. Give him a shot, he is worth it. Give him a call and talk to him and you will be pleased im sure, 757-595-5537
Old 12-05-2012, 04:34 AM
Fork Horn

Oh and he has all the brands in his shop, no need to travel all around looking, he has it all! Even has tons of guns, new and used. Good luck Nato, you will love bowhunting once you start
Old 12-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Green Top has a great used selection especially right after archery season. They've got a couple of archery pros in there. And, if you want to really keep it local "mom & pop", don't forget to try out a Parker bow. Made in VIRGINIA and I've never heard one bad thing about them. Next time I'm in the market for a new bow, I'm definitely going to give them a shot.

VA
Old 12-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

yep parker bows are good and they have some of the best customer service ive ever experienced regardless of the product.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are going to consider buying a used bow, consider looking at Elite. Elite has a lifetime warranty on the bow and it is a transferrable warranty. Most will only honor the warranty to the original purchaser. Southern Draw Archery in Dinwiddie is supposed to be an Elite dealer close to Richmond but I can't vouch for their experience or service.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. I will check out Greentop. I'm sure Wilcox is great, but I'm a Greentop fan and seems like they've got archery covered pretty well. I live in the Richmond area so I'll keep it local.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.