Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Virginia Rut Watch 2012 >

Virginia Rut Watch 2012

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Rut Watch 2012

Old 11-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

what a buck flips, tell your buddy congrats!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

The deer don't seem to be rutting on all parts of Quantico it's very strange but I have seen 15-20 deer this week and none of them show rutting sign I'm a bit puzzled becuase in other parts of Quantico guys are seeing chasing and rutting so I'm not really sure maybe where I'm hunting the does haven't come in yet
Old 11-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Spike

From my experience, the rut can happen at slightly different times in different areas on Quantico. The base is huge and a few training areas may be hot while some of the others cool. If you are in the woods over the next 10 days, chances are you will hit right one of those days.

Good luck
Old 11-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a buck chasing today, first of the year. Should be getting better every day I would think. (I hope!)
Old 11-08-2012, 03:47 AM
Typical Buck

Haven't posted in a few days. I'm tagged out for bucks already this year. Shot a Big 10pt with the bow last Friday, a Big 7 pt on Saturday with the ML, and last night the woods came alive again when a hot doe came right by my stand and every buck in this piece of woods was on her. I watched a Big 8 breed her from over 150 yards away and then they disappeared. Then I heard a crazy buck fight in the thick stuff about 75 yds to my right. The woods quieted down then the doe comes in at around 50 yds with a Big 8 in tow. He came right in behind her and offered me a 40 yard chip shot with the ML. It has been a crazy rut so far. First time I've ever seen a buck breed a doe in the wild pretty crazy. I'll try to get some picks up today.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

congrats VA on tagging out so quickly, lets see some pics of your bucks. I have only seen 2 chases in wakefield while i have been out hunting this year. Now my dad and the farmers see them all day everyday, so they are hot out there right now. Been going on since the middle of last week out that way. Good luck to you all
Old 11-08-2012, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

va5326-did u get them w/ GM? i have been texting Buck from MHC daily for updates. he says its been slow so far for them.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted a spot yesterday that I have always seen lots of activity from and have taken some good bucks from in the past. Hunted from daylight to dark and did not see a deer until 4:55 pm. Then the woods came alive but it was small bucks chasing does until dark. Had a small basket rack 8 pointer come in and start feeding on red oak acorns. Looking back, I wish I'd taken the 2nd week of blackpowder season off instead of the first.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Spike

Posts are gettingbetter so the rut seems to ramping up. Congrats VA on your tag out. I have 70 hours in the woods and haven't seen any activity yet. I hope to have the same luck you have this next week. Starting tomorrow I will be in the woods everyday on a hunting vacation. From everything I have looked at, ie: weather, rutting forcast etc., Saturday should be top notch. Good luck to all. Hopefully I will be able to post with a pic of a bruiser!!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

I am off tomorrow thru Monday and hope to get in on some of that rutting action! I had a small six chasing a doe all over my stand site last Sat. I saw them at least four times. Its supposed to warm up this weekend and hope it does not slow them down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.