Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA Hunters

Old 08-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default VA Hunters

I'm getting all giddy. Can't wait for hunting season to come in. Got a few nice ones on my target list, some new property, and a few new stands (spots) put up along with some old good ones. Bow is getting tuned as I speak, getting a dozen new arrows and some new broad heads as I speak. I'm trying a new load this year for my Savage ML-10. I love shooting smokeless powder out of my ML. Soooo much more accurate and dependable. What say you guys and gals??
Old 08-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Spike

I know the feeling! this year i am on some private property that meets the urban archery criteria so i get to start sept 1st!

Good luck to you
Old 08-29-2012, 05:00 AM
Typical Buck

Nothing to write home yet on the trail cams. Bunch of doe and fawns are showing up though.
I shoot archery all yr long so I have been ready. Got 2 weeks off in Oct for archery and once muzzleloader comes in I will focus on getting my son his first deer. He has been with me for 2 yrs in a ground blind learning. This year he will be in the stand with me and looking to make contact. He is pumped for youth day at the end of Sept. also.

did just get permission for 2000 acres this past weekend. Only problem is the drive. Couple hours away. Only 1 other person hunts it, and thats the farmer/owner.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

I've only got does and fawns, and two small bucks, on my trail camera. I am pretty dissappointed with that honestly, seeing as I was very excited about this new property.

I am really hoping to get a wall hanger this year.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper
Nothing to write home yet on the trail cams. Bunch of doe and fawns are showing up though.
I shoot archery all yr long so I have been ready. Got 2 weeks off in Oct for archery and once muzzleloader comes in I will focus on getting my son his first deer. He has been with me for 2 yrs in a ground blind learning. This year he will be in the stand with me and looking to make contact. He is pumped for youth day at the end of Sept. also.

did just get permission for 2000 acres this past weekend. Only problem is the drive. Couple hours away. Only 1 other person hunts it, and thats the farmer/owner.
Good luck on your son getting his first one!

What county is the 2000 acres in?
Old 09-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
Good luck on your son getting his first one!

What county is the 2000 acres in?

Thanks, we went yesterday to set up another game camera. I saw 2 deer while there. Went home and he shot his blackpowder about 10 times drilling the bullseye at 20 30 and 50 yards. Lethal little fella with gun.

The property is in Amelia.

Thought I would have another almost 100 acres to hunt on this yr but doesn't look as if it will pan out. Farmer said it was great as I only bow and blackpowder hunt. His son hunts it some and can't get ahold of him, and not going near the property till we talk and make sure we don't bother each other while hunting.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stoked personally. I'll miss most of the rut b/c I'll be in Alaska on a brown bear hunt, but oh well We were removing some monster Poplars in Vienna last week & I picked up another spot to bowhunt there. Saw TONS of deer & 1 real nice 10 pointer. Client said there are deer there non-stop & they want them gone!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by coolbrze0
Stoked personally. I'll miss most of the rut b/c I'll be in Alaska on a brown bear hunt, but oh well We were removing some monster Poplars in Vienna last week & I picked up another spot to bowhunt there. Saw TONS of deer & 1 real nice 10 pointer. Client said there are deer there non-stop & they want them gone!
I'm willing to lend a hand to rid them of some deer.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by coolbrze0
Im down to help also haha