Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Looks like ya brought the chaos to that cat...nice job
I sure did.
Thank you

No chance for the .300

Interesting I thought the large wound in the belly was the exit but I found the copper jacket in the neck area and an exit hole from the lead near the throat.
Hydrostatic to the max
My wild cat chili got pre tenderized
Old 01-25-2016, 12:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice 6 pt Fl kid...good eatting//
Old 01-25-2016, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Wppdsman88..I'd be glad to PM you my phone number in case you need help or break down..I'm retired and don't mind driving out there if I'm hunting or not..I'
m 35 minutes away..at 5:00 AM {--;

One day I was hunting on Tanic..way out there on Tanic..I closed the door and my keys were on the seat }--; BUMMER..It started raining..I thought I had a spare key on the truck..I looked , it wasn't there..as a Christian we don't panic easy..I'm like OK Lord..what are we going to do. I wasn't going to break my glass to get those keys and it was in the middle of the week..and raining..no hunters would be driving by. Rifle and gear getting nice and wet..and me too. I THOUGHT look for that key again..I could have sworn I hid one...I do this to all our vehicles as soon as I purchase one..I looked..and looked and THERE it was..I didn't slide the case open..LOL I busted it opened..shakingly I hurried to make sure it would work..and it did.LOL If you ever need me guys CALL..I call my son. If your lost, game is too fat or truck broke down..I have AAA IF my son would not have came the last time..I would have been in deep trouble..I was exasperated...deer cart in truck...and lost extremely frustrated and dragging a 135 pound deer over palmetto roots..NOT FUN.

Woods88 is your name Brett?Is your grandfather and you still doing the lease thing?

PS another time I was with another guy..truck running and locked the door, OUCH ..I gave him a tank of gas to drive me home to get my spare key..this is where I started caring a spare key.Live and learn...I was way out there on POWDER GRade

FOLKS..I plan to take a break off the net..I do this occasionally as needed..c ya when I get back...plan to get on once a week..on Saturdays..
It's Josh and yes I still have a lease in north Florida I take him up to. I got a hog and a 5pt with my muzzleloader this year. Also got a short buck as a doe in flying eagle during archery. If your ever out there and need help I'm always willing to lend a hand.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:50 PM
Spike

Good job on the cat. Hopefully during small game I can take out a couple of yotes. During archery season almost every morning I went I heard at least one or two yipping and howling.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:13 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by NY2FL
Good job on the cat. Hopefully during small game I can take out a couple of yotes. During archery season almost every morning I went I heard at least one or two yipping and howling.
Maybe we can do a stand together and try to cover more area when calling. It's amazing how much coyote scat I've been seeing near by turkey areas.
Big scat. Lots of fur and small bones.

I tan my own hides,

I'm going to probably do an evening calling Sesh Friday evening.
I have a blue tooth speaker I hope will work with no service. . .
Old 01-27-2016, 04:33 PM
Spike

I think all of us GreenSwamp boys otta meat up sometime after the season for a breakfast..Golden Corral is right down the road from Green Swamp on 98..past Rock Ridge.

Which towns you all from?
Chuck7 from Lakeland..23 miles from Green Swamp..
now that sounds like a good plan there haha. I'm from Auburndale/Polk City area. live off Berkley rd but also take care of my grandparents land off of hwy 33 not far from rock ridge entrance.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:38 PM
Spike

Wppdsman88..I'd be glad to PM you my phone number in case you need help or break down..I'm retired and don't mind driving out there if I'm hunting or not..I'
m 35 minutes away..at 5:00 AM {--;

One day I was hunting on Tanic..way out there on Tanic..I closed the door and my keys were on the seat }--; BUMMER..It started raining..I thought I had a spare key on the truck..I looked , it wasn't there..as a Christian we don't panic easy..I'm like OK Lord..what are we going to do. I wasn't going to break my glass to get those keys and it was in the middle of the week..and raining..no hunters would be driving by. Rifle and gear getting nice and wet..and me too. I THOUGHT look for that key again..I could have sworn I hid one...I do this to all our vehicles as soon as I purchase one..I looked..and looked and THERE it was..I didn't slide the case open..LOL I busted it opened..shakingly I hurried to make sure it would work..and it did.LOL If you ever need me guys CALL..I call my son. If your lost, game is too fat or truck broke down..I have AAA IF my son would not have came the last time..I would have been in deep trouble..I was exasperated...deer cart in truck...and lost extremely frustrated and dragging a 135 pound deer over palmetto roots..NOT FUN.

Woods88 is your name Brett?Is your grandfather and you still doing the lease thing?

PS another time I was with another guy..truck running and locked the door, OUCH ..I gave him a tank of gas to drive me home to get my spare key..this is where I started caring a spare key.Live and learn...I was way out there on POWDER GRade

FOLKS..I plan to take a break off the net..I do this occasionally as needed..c ya when I get back...plan to get on once a week..on Saturdays..
Same goes here Chuck. I'd be happy to share my number with any of ya'll in case of needing assistance or help. I'm never too far from the swamp as it is.
I will stop and introduce myself when I see your truck next time. I know I've seen your truck before for sure. Mine is a blue with black striped F150 with a cb antenna and a marlin sticker in the back window. I'm usually one of the first at the gate as well haha.

I'll be out Saturday morning to pick up my stand and stuff so feel free to say hello.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:47 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Straight_Chaos
Maybe we can do a stand together and try to cover more area when calling. It's amazing how much coyote scat I've been seeing near by turkey areas.
Big scat. Lots of fur and small bones.

I tan my own hides,

I'm going to probably do an evening calling Sesh Friday evening.
I have a blue tooth speaker I hope will work with no service. . .
Sounds good. I won't be able to get out tomorrow evening as I have work at 12 am Saturday. If it's not raining tomorrow morning I may try to get out for a couple hours. If not, I'll have to wait till next weekend when small game opens.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Been lurking for a while. Figured I'd register and post up. Was out at the swamp Mon with my son. Got busted by 6pt early on when my boy slammed his rifle on the window of the blind. Had a doe come in 10 min left before sunset but no buck in tow. Drive either a Blue Chevy 2500 with a big Gator head in back glass or a Black and Green Jeep Wrangler. Feel free to flag me down or just stop and say hi if you see me out.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:41 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
Been lurking for a while. Figured I'd register and post up. Was out at the swamp Mon with my son. Got busted by 6pt early on when my boy slammed his rifle on the window of the blind. Had a doe come in 10 min left before sunset but no buck in tow. Drive either a Blue Chevy 2500 with a big Gator head in back glass or a Black and Green Jeep Wrangler. Feel free to flag me down or just stop and say hi if you see me out.
Welcome to the forum! At least your able to get out there and hunt. It looks like I won't be able to make it out to the swamp until small game. At least I was able to get out a few times in October during archery, and take some game on different wmas. It sucks with all the scouting I did in gs this summer. I guess there's always next season to try for a green swamp buck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.